GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While trying to find a #@%*# Castle in Reno for the Riding Game tag,
    I happened to spot one that I had never seen around here before at a frat house.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
      Oh man, I got to hear the 82 seca 650 I park beside run today. What a nice sound...ofcourse my 400 stalled while I was looking at the seca. The whirring sound of a 4 is way better than the pitiful thump....thump....pause...pffft....pffft...pause.. ...thump... of a twin.

Steve
      Nope, can't agree.

Comment

Saw a 550L in a parking lot of a store yesterday. Went inside to try find owner, came out in few mins. and it was gone. Should have left my card on it. Took some pics. with my camera phone, but not sure how to down load them to here. Bike only had 18,000 on it. tank and seat were perfect, could have used some engine cover polishing, but very nice looking bike! terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
          County 46 just east of Cedar.
          I see a lot of Bikes on 46 as I live just on the other side of 35. With 4 motorcycle dealers out my front window its a mecca. I saw a 82-83 (silver body / black motor) at the Kwik Trip next to Leos.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Turns out my buddy has an '82 550L he doesn't ride much so I didn't know about it.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Saw a black/blue GS heading north on HWY1 in Pacifica around 3:30pm yesterday. It looked like an 850/1000/1100 with a big Windjammer fairing and bags. Woulda taken a pic but we were driving past each other. Looked really clean!
              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Saw a dude on a '78 (didn't catch whether it was 550, 750, etc.) in the Loop (i.e., downtown Chicago) last week. Gave him a shout out (from my car) but had no time to ask if he was a member here.

If he is a member . . . sup?

Comment

Went to a apt. complex in town on the job, and saw a 750 sitting in the parking lot. Had been painted purple and restriped and looked pretty good. Could use a seat cover and polishing of the side cover,ect. Looked to be at least a 78-?, had kickstart, wire wheels, and chain driven. Left a note on it to tx me if they wanted to, and gave this site info. terrylee

Comment

70s 750

Down the street and around the corner, at a house that I have seen nice full dress Harley and nice workshop garage over the last couple years

... and today I see this nice 70s 750 (I think 750, did not verify). Stopped and talked to guy there, Joe. Said he was working on it for a friend. He was telling me all his expereince with motorcycles, which was impressive, but I interperted that to mean he didnt care to hear anything I would have to say (or maybe that is my prejudgmental idea about Harley riders).
                    I gave him a GSR card and went on my way. (was riding bicycle down bike path with wife who went on ahead).

Stopped back later and the friend was there.

Am not remembering his name.
                    I was quessing this to be a 78 or maybe 79 (I dont know 750s enough to know what color stripes for what year)
                    I think he said this was a 76. He said he had a very similar GS a few years ago and knew about GSR website.
                    (you here yet? Sorry, not remembering your name.)

I told him what a nice stock condition bike.
                    And that those not Suzuki wheels, and maybe the handles bars are shorter aftermarket.
                    But nice stock paint, and exhaust really nice.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 06-03-2012, 09:01 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

looks like a 76-77 i own a 77 single front rotor setup I've been told by members of the forum that 76's are rear in the us cause they weren't sold until 77
                      Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Down the street and around the corner, at a house that I have seen nice full dress Harley and nice workshop garage over the last couple years

... and today I see this nice 70s 750 (I think 750, did not verify). Stopped and talked to guy there, Joe. Said he was working on it for a friend. He was telling me all his expereince with motorcycles, which was impressive, but I interperted that to mean he didnt care to hear anything I would have to say (or maybe that is my prejudgmental idea about Harley riders).
                      I gave him a GSR card and went on my way. (was riding bicycle down bike path with wife who went on ahead).

Stopped back later and the friend was there.

Am not remembering his name.
                      I was quessing this to be a 78 or maybe 79 (I dont know 750s enough to know what color stripes for what year)
                      I think he said this was a 76. He said he had a very similar GS a few years ago and knew about GSR website.
                      (you here yet? Sorry, not remembering your name.)

I told him what a nice stock condition bike.
                      And that those not Suzuki wheels, and maybe the handles bars are shorter aftermarket.
                      But nice stock paint, and exhaust really nice.

Dave

Comment

Bumped into the 550L I saw a few weeks ago. Turns out to belong to a very nice, very lovely lady in town. She knew of this site and said she had been on her few times. Bike only has 18,000 on it and is in great shape. They had to have someone replace the stator and r/r of course but sounded like that was about it. Amazing how exciting it is to see another GS!

Comment

Two 550s west of Chicago

Last week at the railroad station, I saw this near-stock GS550, so I parked next to it and took a few pics (with my phone, so not the best resolution). Bike looked to be stock, except for the paint. Looks better than mine did when I got it. Here are the pics:

Comment

GS750 Grand Rapids

Last night at Blues On The Mall:

Apparently this person got there early enough to get into the mo'cycle parking area (unlike myself).

More about going to BLues On The Mall:
                            This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Last edited by Redman; 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Black and Maroon 82GS L version on RT 83 heading north to I-55. I gave the guy thumbs up as I passed him. I was on my 1100.

It was dark so I didn't get a chance to accurately read the side cover.

Comment

This one appeared outside my office today in Ashburn, VA. '83-'84 750? I'm not too good at this yet. Left a GSR card for the owner. "West by God" tags on her!

-Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                                X