GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Yah, saw them there in Rolling Concourse area Friday. Nice. Two of them eh.

And I saw your blue/white 1100G in the Zuki display Sunday.
    Had the Suzuki folk contacted you in advance? ... or find you there in parking lot? ... or find you while having bike picture taken at their tent?

Dave

>>>later note
    Now I see your other posting.
    ah... 3 bikes... including your dad and son....

Suzuki found us at the concourse on Saturday. They liked all 3 of my vintage S bikes and thought they would go well on the wall.

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

1977 GS 750 in Philly

I've been seeing a 1977 GS 750 just like the one I had back then, parked on the sidewalk outside a restaurant at the corner of 13th and Sansom in Philly. Really clean ! I had to go over and see if it WAS my bike from 1977, but mine had a Lockhart oil cooler, Lester mags, and a luggage rack/back rest, but this one was the same color, had the original spokers. Man, that took me back!
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
        Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
        Passed by a red-with-orange striping 750 something today, west of Lancaster PA on 283, took the exit for Hershey. As I looked at the model information on this website I noticed there's a 750D and a 750T. I don't know what those are.
        Possibly an 83 700 or 84 750 Kawasaki, same stripes-nice bikes. Was the rest of the bike black?
        Not an 83 700, No, I clearly saw the SUZUKI emblem and GS750[x] on the side panel. The engine sound was pretty high-pitched, making me think it was going at the higher end of the RPMs, though it was normal speed traffic. The rest of the bike mighta been black. I didn't get a good glimpse at its wheels or drive, and didn't notice whether it was an L or not, although I don't remember a bunch of chrome...
        Last edited by kerrfunk; 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

GS Sighting

Noticed somebody riding a dark colored GS shaft drive at noon today east bound on Heckscher Dr in Jacksonville, FL. Looked to be in pretty good shape.
          1980 GS1000E

Comment

Originally posted by mustangflyr View Post
            Noticed somebody riding a dark colored GS shaft drive at noon today east bound on Heckscher Dr in Jacksonville, FL. Looked to be in pretty good shape.
            hum, Jacksonville FL.....
            Was it a maroon 850G?
            Tall guy, ... wearing a tie?
            Last edited by Redman; 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A really clean looking red GS twin passed by the front of my home in Freehold today, taunting me as I did yardwork...
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Met Rob (AZR) for lunch today and we spotted this little beauty outside the motorcycle shop...
                No signature

Comment

Two blocks from home yesterday, I saw an oncoming bike turn left, ahead of me. I caught it in the other lane at the light and hollered out the window at the guy "I like your GK". Caught him off-guard, he said "thanks". The light turned green, we proceeded a block, I turned into my driveway, he kept going.

Looked like the bike could use a little TLC, but sounded OK.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

750E Holland MI

Saw this in a small strip mall.
                    Would have looked around for rider, but was late for an appointment myself.
                    Did leave a GSR card.

Last edited by Redman; 10-10-2013, 06:36 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Was it a maroon 850G?
                      All I could catch was a Suzuki shaft drive, dark color maybe black or blue, other than that no time to see. But it was a solo rider.
                      1980 GS1000E

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Redman
                        Was it a maroon 850G?

All I could catch was a Suzuki shaft drive, dark color maybe black or blue, other than that no time to see. But it was a solo rider.

**END QUOTE***

I was making a reference to Don "dpep" who is in Jacksonville. (actually I was trying to be funny, and see who would pick up on my comment.)

Comment

I picked it up Redman. After Don picked up his Beemer, I doubt he's been on a GS since. Or maybe not
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Saw a Burgundy 83 E 750 or 1100 yesterday in Red Hook brooklyn, around 6pm was riding right in front of me, had a pipe and sounded very close to what mine sounds like.
                            I was in the car. Not sure if its anyone here though

Comment

850g

Stepped out on my porch a couple evenings ago just in time to see a suzy go by . Looked to be around an 1980 gs 850G not positive on the year it was black with the red stripe outlining the tank and the side cover . The bike looked pretty clean and original from what I saw of it . I was actually caught by surprise as its only the 3rd gs I have seen around here . Sighted cruising down north 6th st towards columbia blvd in st helens Oregon anyone here ?

Comment

A GS 500E in Philly!

I saw a GS 500E parked on Cecil B. Moore Av. at 17th St. in Philadelphia.
                                1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X