GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana and an '83 450L

Coming home from the golf course Sunday with the clubs on my back, I whipped around the corner and nearly had to book a chiropractor appointment because I had to snap my neck around to get a better look at the 82 (?) 1000 Katana stopped at the curb. Wanted to make sure he was ok. He figured out I was waiting for him and rolled up to me. Got chatting a bit, and he was just getting ready to head out on a Rockies trip with his brother and nephew. HE was not a GSRer, but I've pointed Chris this way. His is a nice example, but he was looking for stock pipes...

Then last night, rolling after getting pictures for the riding game, I saw this:

Turns out it had been ridden out from Ontario 2 1/2 years ago by the current owner's brother in law, and he left it with him. I don't think I would have wanted to ride it back either. At least he had highway pegs on it:

Pointed him this way as well.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

No photo of this one, but saw a nice looking blue GS750 at a red light yesterday here in Tacoma .. turns out it's one of us!

Comment

I was cramming gas into my tank today on the way home from work when a guy came up and asked me "750?" I said yes, and he said "79 or 80?" and I said 79, and he said 'nice bike!' and was gone. Wasn't a really good place to talk obviously. So, I guess I was the sighting, but I did spot a GS fan!

On a side note I saw a really clean Z1 yesterday, very nice. I nodded to the rider as they went by.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by oldgsfan View Post
          No photo of this one, but saw a nice looking blue GS750 at a red light yesterday here in Tacoma .. turns out it's one of us!
          And who would that be or are we going to be kept in suspense?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            I was cramming gas into my tank today on the way home from work when a guy came up and asked me "750?" I said yes, and he said "79 or 80?" and I said 79, and he said 'nice bike!' and was gone. Wasn't a really good place to talk obviously.
            So, I guess I was the sighting, but I did spot a GS fan!
            Way to represent.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              And who would that be or are we going to be kept in suspense?

Eric
              It was me!

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                I was cramming gas into my tank today on the way home from work when a guy came up and asked me "750?" I said yes, and he said "79 or 80?" and I said 79, and he said 'nice bike!' and was gone. Wasn't a really good place to talk obviously. So, I guess I was the sighting, but I did spot a GS fan!

On a side note I saw a really clean Z1 yesterday, very nice. I nodded to the rider as they went by.
                Allie: I was no where near New Jersey today but I was riding my Z1 this afternoon. What a gorgeous day for a bike ride.

Comment

Went out to the airport today to pick some mirrors sent to me by Jackb, thanks Jack, and I spotted this 1000...
                  No signature

Comment

Went for a ride yesterday afternoon on my 650E, saw a 850 on RT114 in Sutton NH waiting to turn on to 114. He followed me for a few miles and must have turned off the road.

Comment

Saw this one yesterday at a local salvage shop. Keeping her running.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Went out to the airport today to pick some mirrors sent to me by Jackb, thanks Jack, and I spotted this 1000...
                        did you notice how you can see yourself in both of the cam end covers? it's cool but also kinda weird.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          did you notice how you can see yourself in both of the cam end covers? it's cool but also kinda weird.
                          Haha..cool! Creepy!!
                          No signature

Comment

Eric (781GS)...we keep telling you that your avatar is too small! Now post a larger version that we can actually see!

Comment

Originally posted by Homie View Post
                              Eric (781GS)...we keep telling you that your avatar is too small! Now post a larger version that we can actually see!
                              A bunch of perverts I tell ya. (I resemble that remark. )

This one?

Comment

I knew they were a bunch of S&S chromeophiles around here.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X