GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loud et View Post
    Totinos Pizza roll commercial... is that a GS at 5 seconds in ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUBv6ENdSg

It's a "cafed" KZ650, I believe.

Stock version:
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Hmm...I think you are right...

Comment

Last Friday 7/18/14 I saw a skunk going down Rabbit Ears pass heading into Steamboat Springs, Colorado....would have chased it down but I was heading out of town for the weekend...
        sigpic

'81 GS750LX with Katana fairing. Super custom.

Comment

I basically saw my bike yesterday when turning onto a county back road by my house, it was waiting at a stop sign alongside a sport bike. The striping on the tank was the same zact color, tho it may have had a slightly different pattern and been a different year. I didn't get to see much of it but was cool none the less.
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            .............. .................. ............... .................... .................... The striping on the tank was the same zact color, tho it may have had a slightly different pattern and been a different year. ........ ... .
            I think same color striping would mean the bike is same year, even if bike is different model.
            I think different pattern would mean different model (or repainted).

My understanding is that each year has different color(s) striping, and that same color(s) on all the models that year, regardless of the base color.
            Such as 80 is the red/gold strip weither the base is black or maroon or whatever. NExt year is a different color strip(s) even if the base color is the same.
            And 82 is double gold.

THis is just my observation/theory. I state this just to see if anybody can confirm or refute it.

80 850G

82 1100GK

Last edited by Redman; 08-01-2014, 12:51 PM. Reason: differnt pic

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
              Why do I get visions of that biker gang in Every Which Way But Loose.
              Better yet the gang in those old Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello movies...

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                Better yet the gang in those old Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello movies...
                Yeah, riding two stroke, 250cc twins. LOL
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Grand Rapids MI 850G

At Blues On The Mall bike parking (an entire downtown parking lot closed off to cars, bikes only, no charge ... with a beer vendor ... schesch ... ).
                  Lots of guys standing around, just watching the bikes come in.
                  Some guys just standing by their bikes. Lots of guys going to the bars.
                  I went to see Walter Trout band (more could be said about that.)
                  When I came back most bikes gone, saw this 850G.

Last edited by Redman; 08-10-2014, 01:26 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Saw the round cam cover caps in parking lot of antique mall south of Grand Haven, hit the brakes and pulled in. Yep, a GS.

Think I saw it in town, two-up, again a couple days later (kinda easy to spot with that big tail box, eh).

Last edited by Redman; 08-16-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Noticed a GS riding past yesterday in my local area, Enfield, NH. I would've waved if I wasn't driving my car at the time...I also drive by, every morning, a bike nearly identical to mine except for the colour. It's a GS650 GL, dark blue with lighter blue trim and a luggage rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Saw the round cam cover caps in parking lot of antique mall south of Grand Haven, hit the brakes and pulled in. Yep, a GS.

Think I saw it in town, two-up, again a couple days later (kinda easy to spot with that big tail box, eh).

Can't believe we haven't passed each other a couple times by now!

Comment

Originally posted by huntb View Post
                          Can't believe we haven't passed each other a couple times by now!
                          Last few weeks I have been on only a couple evening rides during the week and a couple afternoon rides on weekend, (see "who went for ride") have cruised thru town in Ferry school area you mentioned. Have keept eye open for bikes in garage and such (not stalking, just showing interest, har har har).

And always have eye out for bikes.
                          If I were to see a silver 650E around here, I would chase you down.

That 450: I was going to go in the antique mall and find the rider, but had to keep on my way.

Will contact you (and greg gs78greg750 in Muskegon) if I have an enough prior planning for a ride. Was thinking about Blues On THe Mall (Samantha Fish) Wednesday evening, but now looks like not likely.

Last night on a moments notice I did go for ride in town and cruised around your part of town again, and went to Bikes&Blues&Bones at Highway Inn (half rack of ribs for $9).
                          I was the 1 percenter there.
                          Well, more like 6%, 1 out of 15 bikes that was UJM. (and maybe only person not drinking).
                          Hey, next week, wanna try for 2 out of 16? or 3 outta 17?

>>Later note
                          This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Link to my posting of ride to Samantha Fish at BLues On THe Mall 2 yeaars ago.

Last edited by Redman; 08-19-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I never see any GSs on my daily commute or otherwise. Today went later to office due to a visit to a customer. A bike went by at a light and stopped in the next lane just ahead. It was a GS1000 S. Wes Cooley replica Blue and white. I tried to catch up in traffic but he got away. I did see where he turned and i couldn't follow So the hunt is on. I believe it was chain driven 1979 maybe.

Comment

Starting to think I need a GoPro...

Jessica and I saw a collector plated red/white 1150EF (would that be an '86?) at the corner of 16th/Granville today...anybody here own it?
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

400? 450? Holland MI

32nd street, east at US31, turning south (or maybe going straight thru) about 4:30m, 60 degrees

on a day I didn't ride (was 41 degrees this morning and I had to go to customers), so was in car... and did have camera handy.

400L? 450L? maybe even a rare 300L

ANybody here ?

In left turn lane.
                                I was two lanes over in right turn lane to head north, and back a couple cars. (hense the view from this angle)
                                Took picture quick before cars filled in the lane between.

My shop/office is on Brooks Ave, close to that intersection. You could have come from about any part of that side of town.

Last edited by Redman; 10-01-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X