Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seen this guy tacoma wa.
    http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...s%20sightings/
    Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      I saw this BEAUTIFUL '82 1100GL model today.
      (Did I just use beautiful and L model in a sentence? )

Edit: Please don't tell Tom that I called one of these beautiful or I may get kicked out of the L-hater club.
      Oh, that two tone color schem is nice. And that bike is nice an shiney.

Yah, Ls look nice.
      I recall being in a mo'cycle dealer showroom back in early 80s. They had a big mirror next to some of the cruiser bikes (K'saki Limited) so you could see how you looked on it. I thought instead of a mirror, they should have had something that pushed on your chest so could feel what it was like to have to hold yourself up against the wind.

Withe the blacked engine I would quess that to be an 83.

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
      I would say 650 by the tail piece.
      G by the rear drive unit.
      maybe 82 by the black color.
      (82 GS650G black is what I had for 20+ years)

Picture from side would be better.
      But, I found it is not a good idea to try and get up beside a bike going down highway to get a "sighting" photo. I was trying that one time, trying to catch up with car but then go same speed, and look sideways, and take picture. About caused a big problem, because I didnt realize the bike was slowing and moving over to get into exit lane. So decided not to try that again.
      So I will be happy with your picture from the rear.
      Last edited by Redman; 09-11-2012, 05:32 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was on my way to lunch the other day, saw a bike turn in to the hardware store. Saw the round cam covers, had to turn around to see it and talk to the rider.

After introducing myself, I asked if he was aware of GSR, he said he was a member.

Haven't seen him on the board for quite a while, but had a nice chat with Onchiman, riding his '79 550.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I haven't seen one "vintage" (ie 70's-80's) GS this year except my own, although there are a couple of current 500's around. The weekend roads are absolutely clogged with cruisers. I can't believe how many. Still, around here most wave regardless of what you're riding.

Comment

81 1100E in MA

Saw an 81 1100E today on the way home from the office on Concord Rd at the intersection with Route 3, in Billerica, MA. I caught the guy at the light, but with his full face helment, he couldn't hear me ask about the GSR. His response was "it's an 81!" I must admit, it was in very clean condition - black with red pinstripes. I almost chased him down to chat, but wanted to get home for what was left of the weekend.... Hopefully, I'll see him again and get another chance....
            Scott
            1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
            1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
            1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
            2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
            sigpic

Comment

theres a 81 gs1000 across the parking lot here...plus my bike lol..right off highway 63 in rolla MO...might try to buy it...wiring is all chopped...temping project..

Comment

Janice and I went away up Island for the weekend and I saw a guy go through an intersection at the last minute and it lookes like something vintage japanese. So I caught him at the next light. It was a beautiful 1979 gs1000! He told me he bought it new! Very cool. I never got a chance but I wanted to ask him if he was on GSR. We were in Courtenay.
                No signature

Comment

Met up with two young guys on these GS's this weekend. I asked them why they would buy old GS's and they said because "they are cool"! Hehe from the mouths of babes. They looked pretty cool on them too, complete with retro helmets, bigs shades, beards, skinny jeans and plaid shirts.
                  First bike is a 78 gs 550

Next is a 79 gs1000

check out the pipes!!
                  No signature

Comment

Nice! Did you find out anything about that exhaust set-up?
                    That is KILLER.

I saw a late '70s GS550 cafe style in my tiny little town, but I was on foot and he was riding by, so I never got to talk to him.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I get pulled over by an RCMP (police) truck.
                    The officer walks up and says "What year is that GS? I Have an old 550 Cafe racer!"

Turns out he pulled me over just to chat about GSes, lol.

Tank

Comment

I don't know Tank, but you are right they are awesome. AZR are thinks the name of them starts with a "B" but I don't know. Here is a pic of a Kawa that I took last month. It had cool pipes too.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                        Nice! Did you find out anything about that exhaust set-up?
                        That is KILLER.

I saw a late '70s GS550 cafe style in my tiny little town, but I was on foot and he was riding by, so I never got to talk to him.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I get pulled over by an RCMP (police) truck.
                        The officer walks up and says "What year is that GS? I Have an old 550 Cafe racer!"

Turns out he pulled me over just to chat about GSes, lol.

Tank
                        Yeah, it's killer, looks killer on your hands when you're trying to take the oil filter cover off

Comment

I knew there would be a place for this once I searched long enough on this site. Saw this guy while getting a tag for the "Riding Game" I was gunna leave a note or something, but I didn't have paper or a pen.. Mine is the Darker Grey ("L" model)

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                            Yeah, it's killer, looks killer on your hands when you're trying to take the oil filter cover off
                            LOL - might skip the oil filter change once or twice there!
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by David-Z View Post
                              I knew there would be a place for this once I searched long enough on this site. Saw this guy while getting a tag for the "Riding Game" I was gunna leave a note or something, but I didn't have paper or a pen.. Mine is the Darker Grey ("L" model)

Anyone else suddenly hear Huey Lewis singing, "Gonna go back in time" when you saw this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                I don't know Tank, but you are right they are awesome. AZR are thinks the name of them starts with a "B" but I don't know. Here is a pic of a Kawa that I took last month. It had cool pipes too.
                                I believe that is the OEM set-up, when I worked at a Kawasaki dealer back in the day, I happened to take a customer's SR for a ride, and, damn!, it was just about the smoothest running engine I'd ever ridden, like everything was just in PERFECT order. Certainly left an impression that has lasted.
                                sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
                                '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
                                '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
                                '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
                                '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
                                '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
                                '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
                                '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
                                '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
                                '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Working...
                                X