No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday at the bikeshop I saw a '85??GSX550EF, those bikes are pretty close to being modern, very compact engine. Also a very nice orange GS850G which was having it's valves adjusted, cams still looked good And my old Kat was also there for major surgery, replaced the rubber o-ring in the oil cap

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
      ellie your cop chase needs a little red on the ground after the wreck
      How true!

I've changed that GIF for now, but I think it is cute. It will return!!!

Comment

Elliemae signed:

Time does not heal, but healing takes time

A truth we all know, but few acknowledge......and even fewer admit.

Well said.
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

GS Sightings

There's a few still kicking around Edinburgh,some nice,some not so(mine included).The Fat B*****ds Pie Eating Club Scotland still own three or four,and use'em like they should be used!

Comment

Ellie, I do love the angel better though.

Comment

Well, not a GS Sighting, but I feel an honorable mention.

I was mowing the grass last night and I have to move my GS out to get to the mower. This guy came aroung the corner on an old vintage BMW. I've never seen one this old. It had the single harley type seat on it (like the ones in WWII).

I tried to get him to stop, but he just waved and kept going.

I've never seen a beemer that old before. Anyone have any idea what model? All I can say is if not for the BMW on the side and the unmistakeable engine, I would have sworn is one of those Steve Mcqueen harley's.

Dave

Comment

Went to a place here in Burlington called metric motorsports to get some new ngk plugs and happened to look into the shop and saw a very pretty red 1979 GS850G sitting in there. I asked the guy standing in the shop if it was his and he said "yes, he had just picked it up" so told him about this site. Might just have another new member showing up.

Comment

"Carded" a 400 and a "Can 'o Tuna" the other day.

Gave a card to a guy at my buddy's motorcycle shop who brought in a set of 850 carbs for rebuilding. 8)
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Bumped into a young kid down in Lunenburg today. I had pulled behind him at the gas station. He has only been riding a couple of months and had a nice shiny red 500GS. Pretty bike!!!!!!! I told him about our site and mantioned he may learn a lot from us old folks!! I'm pretty sure we'll see him soon!!

His girlfriend (?) was riding on the back. She is a nervous passenger as her brothers gave her quite a scare on bikes when she was young. I encouraged to take the Gearing Up course (our rider safety course in Canada) as her boyfriend said he had. I suggested that by learning to ride she would 1. be a calmer passenger and 2. will undoubtably want her own GS!!!!!!!

Comment

saw a blue mid 80 gs450 ride past the house and today on the way to work a mid 80 silver gs 450 with fairing and saddle bags heading to san diego today for the rest of the week hope to see some there. have a good day to everyone

Comment

GS Sightings

There's a 750 in metallic blue-grey just appeared near my work,good condition but needs a tailpiece.He used to have a Honda VF400,so looks like he's wised up and got a proper bike!

Comment

I spotted an old Katana yesterday! That's the bike I'm planning on buying next!

Comment

Carded another guy at my buddy's shop who was riding a GS450.
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I saw a matte black 80 GS550 yesterday and chased em down the road... Caught up with him about ten miles down the road and had a quick conversation with him and then jetted back home.

Comment

Last night I was chased by this nut riding a newer gs. He followed me all the way out to oswego... I pulled off the road and he followed me into a parking lot...

it was a blue and white 83 gs550, shortly thereafter I burned my way home... weirded out entirely to much.

Only to be passed by the same guy at the intersection of Illinois and Rt31 in aurora...

*confused...*
                                You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
                                If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
                                1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
                                1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
                                1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
                                1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
                                1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Working...
                                X