No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently seen an older 79'ish GS and an 83 GS in my garage at my house...

*also confused*

Comment

Saw a pair of old Suzi's Sunday. A white GT550 screamed by the racetrack I was at, and later an 82-83 1100E screamed by at top throttle.

That road is closed to thru traffic due to construction on a bridge. About 4 miles of recently paved straight road with no traffic... is draws bikes like a magnet.

Comment

Just back from a long weekend in Paris (France not Texas!).Didn't see a single GS :P ,but saw a few Van-Vans(!),Bandits,GNs of various capacities,Gixers (GSXRs) and a single,solitary GSXF750 Teapot.(British humour,we called the GT750 the Kettle,so because of the strange(ish) fairing the GSXF became....) Plenty of modern Triumphs,one GORGEOUS original Trident ,a good few V-Maxes,and literally thousands of scooters from 50cc to the big 500cc jobs.It seems that everybody and their dog rides two wheels,and the car pilots are very aware of them. 8) In general the Parisians drive 'em like they stole 'em,don't wear leathers or gloves and park where they want! 8O 8O Fun looking,but I don't fancy joining in! 8O 8O
        Sorry,no pics,fergot the camera! #-o #-o

Comment

We have 3... count em 3 81 and below GSs at my place of employment.. yup 3 old school bikes... makes me all warm inside.

Comment

Originally posted by shotguntim
            We have 3... count em 3 81 and below GSs at my place of employment.. yup 3 old school bikes... makes me all warm inside.
            Have you carded any of 'em yet?

Comment

Forgot to mention,although it's not a GS nor technically a motorcycle,I thought I just had to post this...
              When we were in Paris last weekend we saw someone on a SEGWAY! 8O 8O God they look stupid!!

Comment

I believe I spotted Simon Waters yesterday on his 750ES(white w/red tr
                im?) exiting the canyon on hwy.7 in Lyons, Co. Was that you Simon? Biker heaven yesterday in the Rockies.

Comment

Originally posted by nayasoldman
                  I believe I spotted Simon Waters yesterday on his 750ES(white w/red tr
                  im?) exiting the canyon on hwy.7 in Lyons, Co. Was that you Simon? Biker heaven yesterday in the Rockies.
                  Yes, that was me, Buzz! Just on the last stages of a blast up Lefthand Canyon, along the Peak-to-Peak, and down the St. Vrain Canyon to Lyons. I felt the need....the need for speed.....to blast out the mental cobwebs before getting down to some more weekend work. I had wondered if that was you on the 850G, but wasn't sure when I saw you in my mirror turn down towards Boulder as well.....I thought you lived in Longmont.

Simon

Comment

Saw what must have been about an '82 1100G and an 1000 Kat sitting in a bike shop in San Antonio. The 1100 had just been sold and the Kat was looking for a home at $3000. There was also a nice '86 GSXR1100 with '89 wheels on it for $3500. Might have to check back on the Gixxer. They both need a little TLC but worth the effort.

Comment

Simon-I had just zipped up to Trailridge Rd. for some high altitude vistas-I usually go down 36 to Nelson Rd then home (off Nelson)

Comment

One of the women here at work showed up today on her 79 GS1000L...
                        She saw mine in the parking lot yesterday and decided it could use some company.

Comment

Originally posted by nayasoldman
                          Simon-I had just zipped up to Trailridge Rd. for some high altitude vistas-I usually go down 36 to Nelson Rd then home (off Nelson)
                          Has it snowed up on Trailridge yet? It was still clear when I went over the top 2 1/2 weeks ago on my way to Steamboat Springs. I came back via Walden and the Cache la Poudre.....what a great ride!

Bolder Biker

Comment

no snow on Trailridge right now---but the nights are getting nippy

Comment

Originally posted by skreemer
                              One of the women here at work showed up today on her 79 GS1000L...
                              She saw mine in the parking lot yesterday and decided it could use some company.
                              You let her know about this place?

Brad tt

Comment

I saw another 1980 GS450e yesterday. This brings my sighting count up to 3 driving the Storrs-Willimantic commute. This one was a little rough, big dent in the tank, but still looks to be doing yeoman service. One other on the uconn campus is very nice with a huge (and rather unsightly) fairing and a some excessory chrome stuff, and a third in willimantic I only caught site of. In my parking lot there is another GS but Im not sure what size (bigger 'n mine) and burgundy. I now see these GSs everyday, but never there owners, alas.

-Chad

Comment

Working...
                                X