New Job Takes Me To The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11-18 July 2014

Just some pics of my "parked bike" and also when I left NM.

Bike Parked & Happy (Far)

Bike Parked (Close-up)

Tri-fecta on the DE Plates
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-24-2014, 10:30 PM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Weather Changes

Seems like we might not be here long. Tyndall AFB is beautiful but I'm having a tough time transitioning from high elevation to humidity.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Your garage has way too much floor space. You need more bikes.

Jim
        1981 GS550T (Long gone)
        1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Yeah I bet that humidity is killer there. Drink lots of water for sure and I do mean water. Back here, summer returned and brought the humidity with it. 100 degree days with 40% humidity ain't fun. What's causing some would ask? Been getting some rain so that is part of. The pecan orchards for another, 30,000 acres of green trees. All the other crops as well, the cotton and chile plants are near their full growth cycle and lots of moisture is being drawn up from the Gulf of Mexico by a high pressure system sitting over the Four corners area ie where NM, UT, AZ and CO meet.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
            Seems like we might not be here long. Tyndall AFB is beautiful but I'm having a tough time transitioning from high elevation to humidity.

Ed

It's rough. I'm about 330 miles south east of Panama City and temps have been averaging 95 degrees with 90% humidity. You'll sweat like crazy, but it doesn't cool you off at all, then if you aren't drinking a lot of water, you'll stop sweating. That's bad and dehydration and heat stroke are coming. If I'm working outside, I have to drink a 16 ounce glass of water about every 30 minutes. Don't be concerned about making bathroom stops though, you'll never need to. The sun takes care of getting rid of the water. LOL
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks For The Replies

Originally posted by GSJim View Post
              Your garage has way too much floor space. You need more bikes.

Jim
              Yeah, I know. Right now is not a good time to start collecting more bikes. My poor parts bike is in the shed but at least protected from the sun. One day I will have more bikes to brag about.

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              Yeah I bet that humidity is killer there. Drink lots of water for sure and I do mean water. Back here, summer returned and brought the humidity with it. 100 degree days with 40% humidity ain't fun. What's causing some would ask? Been getting some rain so that is part of. The pecan orchards for another, 30,000 acres of green trees. All the other crops as well, the cotton and chile plants are near their full growth cycle and lots of moisture is being drawn up from the Gulf of Mexico by a high pressure system sitting over the Four corners area ie where NM, UT, AZ and CO meet.
              Thanks Bill. I am drinking plenty of water but like earl says below, it keeps me from going to the bathroom. Once I stop sweating, that's when I gotta worry.

Miss hanging out with you Bill.

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
              It's rough. I'm about 330 miles south east of Panama City and temps have been averaging 95 degrees with 90% humidity. You'll sweat like crazy, but it doesn't cool you off at all, then if you aren't drinking a lot of water, you'll stop sweating. That's bad and dehydration and heat stroke are coming. If I'm working outside, I have to drink a 16 ounce glass of water about every 30 minutes. Don't be concerned about making bathroom stops though, you'll never need to. The sun takes care of getting rid of the water. LOL
              Thanks to you too earl. I'm doing my part in drinking plenty of water. I may be moving to Jacksonville real soon; still in Florida. This job has been adventurous but I'm ready to settle down somewhere and catch my breath.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

It's Been A While...

I haven't updated since what seems like a while...there is good news! I was offered another position within the company I'm currently with but this time, in the source city of the program I'm involved with--Jacksonville, FL.

I've been enjoying Panama City...once I got acclimated to the weather (which I'm still doing). Lots of great beaches and venues so this is a cool place if you enjoy eating and drinking (lots of establishments to meet those needs).

Sadly, my bike will stay in Delaware for the time being. I'm not getting reimbursed if I decide to travel up north to pick up my bike so it was an easy but sad decision.

I haven't uploaded any pics to PB lately so you can just imagine how beautiful the scenery is here. At some point, I will post some pics but right now I'm already late to get to Pier Point.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ed, thanks for the update. Ive noticed your absence as of late....Enjoy Florida.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Salt Life

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Ed, thanks for the update. Ive noticed your absence as of late....Enjoy Florida.
                    Thanks Glen. I am enjoying Florida...lots of adventures await once I get my "T" back into motion.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

My Dream

Wow, it has been a while since my last update...I can't say I've been enjoying my time without my "T". I see all these Riders and I'm like shouting "Gixxah!" every time. Too bad there are so many riders without gear--I've lost count on how many I see without.

Riding in NM was definitely more of an attraction than city riding; too many chances to get hit by non-attentive drivers. So I have no plans to bring my "T" down here (even though my feelings are torn about spending money for storage and all the parts/maintenance I need to do).

At some point, things will change and I will ride again. Soooo looking forward to that day!

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Well, well...11/13/2014. Been a while since I updated.

My adventure is coming to a close. What I mean is, this road trip that started with Holloman AFB, NM; Tyndall AFB, FL; and finally Cecil Field in Jacksonville, FL.

Yep, it's true. My last day with the company is Thursday April 14, 2016.

Ed
                        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-13-2016, 08:38 PM.
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I'm not sure if your job coming to a end is good or bad? I hope all is good👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hi Ed,
                            Hope this is good news? I bet you are looking forward to riding your T!!
                            Keep us up to date!

Derek

Comment

Thanks Norm and Derek,

This is good news. I needed to go in a new Direction. It's tough saying goodbye to friends I've made along the way.

Once I get situated, I will concentrate on my bike.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                                Thanks Norm and Derek,

This is good news. I needed to go in a new Direction. It's tough saying goodbye to friends I've made along the way.

Once I get situated, I will concentrate on my bike.

Ed
                                Are you leaving the military or are you a contractor of some type? Where will your final home base be? Good luck today, your last day on the job!

Comment

Working...
                                X