• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting on my blue carbs!
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

And More Pics of DE Trip

Walk to the Beach

Welcome to DE Beaches

Going to Dover--Bar drink

Going back to NM view

Going to Dover view

Claws Bar scene--watching the USA vs Portugal game

Edwardsville and my car rental

Enter Maryland going back to NM

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Mispell

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        I'm still waiting on my blue carbs!
        Don't you mean crabs!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          Don't you mean crabs!

Ed
          Umm yeah those lol. blue crabs, already have orange carbs LMAO
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Oh Yeah!!!

Umm yeah those lol. blue crabs, already have orange carbs LMAO
            Yes, you do have orange carbs on your bike.

My time here is coming to a close. Today we started work at 0230 and will likely do a 12-hr shift. There's a big test being done today so it will be GO/NO-GO.

I was gonna start a thread like this one for Florida but I'm contemplating whether or not to take my "T" with me since I'm gonna be living in a hotel for 2-3 months in Panama City. Do I wanna pay for storage for my bike/trailer?

I hope you liked the pics Bill.

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Great pics as always.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

My Life

Great pics as always.

Thanks Bill. Sorry I've been non-existent lately. I was very happy to post these pics because I had a great time at home.

Then I get back to work and the fun begins with packing out all the support equipment and launching these jets to go back to Florida. Not forgetting to mention I have to pack out of my apartment, pick up my Honda Pilot with new transmission and load my bike.

After my ride to Roswell, I noticed a leak coming from the left side of the fork brace. I'm thinking one of the fork seals needs replacing which means I should replace both.

Now that I think of it, I'm going to check on the costs of a storage unit because I don't want my bike to sit while I know all these minor maintenance items need to be taken care of...and I can do them myself!

Well, we work tomorrow and it's also my birthday. I'm gonna do an over-nighter in El Paso and celebrate the way I always do. I think you know me well enough to know, "how I do".

Holler at you later!

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Thanks Bill. Sorry I've been non-existent lately. I was very happy to post these pics because I had a great time at home.

Then I get back to work and the fun begins with packing out all the support equipment and launching these jets to go back to Florida. Not forgetting to mention I have to pack out of my apartment, pick up my Honda Pilot with new transmission and load my bike.

After my ride to Roswell, I noticed a leak coming from the left side of the fork brace. I'm thinking one of the fork seals needs replacing which means I should replace both.

Now that I think of it, I'm going to check on the costs of a storage unit because I don't want my bike to sit while I know all these minor maintenance items need to be taken care of...and I can do them myself!

Well, we work tomorrow and it's also my birthday. I'm gonna do an over-nighter in El Paso and celebrate the way I always do. I think you know me well enough to know, "how I do".

Holler at you later!

Ed
                  Happy BDAY ED, take care in EL Paso ya hear lol.

Yup sounds like the fork seals are going and yeah, replace them both. It is about a 3-4 hour job. It's not that hard to replace them, just need a couple home made tools to do it with. Don't know when your leaving, though we probably could do it before you leave. I may have a ride the July weekend of the 12th to FT Stanton north of Ruidoso. Other then that, I pretty free.

Parts you'll probably need, fork oil, two seals and probably the fork bushings inside, they probably have never been changed out.
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Too Much Going On

Happy BDAY ED, take care in EL Paso ya hear lol.

Yup sounds like the fork seals are going and yeah, replace them both. It is about a 3-4 hour job. It's not that hard to replace them, just need a couple home made tools to do it with. Don't know when your leaving, though we probably could do it before you leave. I may have a ride the July weekend of the 12th to FT Stanton north of Ruidoso. Other then that, I pretty free.

Parts you'll probably need, fork oil, two seals and probably the fork bushings inside, they probably have never been changed out.
                    Thanks for my Birthday greeting. I always feel good on this day: "nothin' gonna break my stride".

We are tentatively due to leave 11 July...don't know yet if it will be extended. I have alot of work to do on the bike yet...

1. replace the valve cover gasket (leaking) & I will replace the cam gasket too
                    2. cam-chain tensioner (remove/replace o-rings/springs)
                    3. replace fork seals/bushings/oil
                    4. adjust clamps that connects carb to primary airbox

I'd have to pay extra to have the parts shipped to my Apt because I move out on 10 July.

It's a tight schedule and I still have work duties to that will consume most of my time. I'll be driving back to Delaware (which will take 3 days) and then I have a report to Tyndall AFB date of Monday 21 July. I want to take my bike too so I can do all the maintenance but I'd have to reserve a Storage Unit because I'm going to be in a Hotel for 2-3 months. (Company Card)

So as you can see, lots going on in my life atm. I was gonna go to LA for the 4th of July but it simply wouldn't work with all that I have to do.

I'll enjoy my Birthday Night in El Paso--my birthdays have always been memorable nights. Let's hope this one is no different.

Seeya Buddy!

Ed
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Time to change the title, to New Job Takes me back East lol.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Feeling That Way

Time to change the title, to New Job Takes me back East lol.
                        Time for a New Thread Title Buddy.

I've really enjoyed my stay...hanging out with you was fun times. Simply enjoyed the rides and the knowledge you have shared with me.

Thanks my friend!

Ed

EDIT: Some suggestions for a thread:

I still have a Contractor Job That Takes me to Panama City, FL.
                        More Adventures in Northern Florida
                        Living in a Hotel for 3 Months in N. Florida
                        My "T" Living in Storage While I Live it up at the Marriott
                        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-06-2014, 04:51 PM.
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Time for a New Thread Title Buddy.

I've really enjoyed my stay...hanging out with you was fun times. Simply enjoyed the rides and the knowledge you have shared with me.

Thanks my friend!

Ed

EDIT: Some suggestions for a thread:

I still have a Contractor Job That Takes me to Panama City, FL.
                          More Adventures in Northern Florida
                          Living in a Hotel for 3 Months in N. Florida
                          My "T" Living in Storage While I Live it up at the Marriott

I pick living it up at the Marriott lol. Such an understatement too LMAO you one crazzzy guy there Ed.
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

On Sunday

I pick living it up at the Marriott lol. Such an understatement too LMAO you one crazzzy guy there Ed.
                            I was at work yesterday...when I wrote that reply about thread names. My poor bike...I need to fix her so she doesn't stay in there too long.

My life has changed considerably since I retired from active duty. I'm having more fun and trying to stay around positive people--you happen to be one of them Bill.

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Monday Night - 7 Jul 2014

Had the Honda Pilot detailed today and got my trailer out of my apartment/assembled with my "T" loaded.

Finally having a beer about 1030pm and getting ready for our first truck load at work tomorrow.

This week is gonna fly by! I wanna be done by Thursday so I can leave at O-dark thirty on Friday morning. We'll see how that pans out.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Leaving NM

Here it is...Thursday already!

Last minute tid bits to ship out and sweeping the work area before we depart.

The program was a success. Great opportunity for everyone to shine and we did just that...

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X