No announcement yet.

New Job Takes Me To The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention - when you get asked if you want red or green....go with green. In most places the red is good but can get too hot...green can also get hot but it depends on the type of chili that was planted.

I really miss having green chili cheeseburgers at Blake's Lotaburger...that and their burritos are awesome and definitely not small.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Try to make a ride up to Ruidoso (hwy 70) Go thru Tularosa and then East up into the mountains. Great mountain riding. Come home through Cloudcroft.

Thanks a lot....now I miss that country...grew up there.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by GreatDane View Post
        Try to make a ride up to Ruidoso (hwy 70) Go thru Tularosa and then East up into the mountains. Great mountain riding. Come home through Cloudcroft.

Thanks a lot....now I miss that country...grew up there.
        I appreciate it. will try it as soon as I get settled into an apartment.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Time to ride....NOW! haha

Comment

Crank That

Originally posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
            Time to ride....NOW! haha
            I fired her up today...definitely need to do the valve adjustment ASAP! And what's this about half moons?

Did you take pics? I'll attempt to remember to take pics!

Apartment is ready for me to move in...this week!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sorry no pics...BUT...this is EXACTLY what helped me do it with ease.

As for the half moons, they were in good shape ~ so I reused them with some gasket sealer.
              However, the gasket itself was decimated, so I'm glad I had a new one on hand. lmao. Set each clearance to ~ .12mm

BTW ~ the tappet set you recommended came in handy. lol
              Thanks man & happy valve adjusting!

Comment

Reply & Update

Originally posted by aaaaaaaaaachooo View Post
                Sorry no pics...BUT...this is EXACTLY what helped me do it with ease.

As for the half moons, they were in good shape ~ so I reused them with some gasket sealer.
                However, the gasket itself was decimated, so I'm glad I had a new one on hand. lmao. Set each clearance to ~ .12mm

BTW ~ the tappet set you recommended came in handy. lol
                Thanks man & happy valve adjusting!
                It's cool about the pics...I'll make sure to take some with my smartphone; even though they're not the best pixels.

Glad you give the Tappet Set a thumbs up. I bought mine on amazon for less than $25.

Well, I've been living in Temp Lodging on Holloman for almost two weeks and it's really nice to be in an Apartment now. It was also nice of a co-worker to help me off-load my GS.

The weekend is here and I'll be going to an NMSU game tomorrow so maybe I'll get up early on Sunday for a ride into the mountains. The games start early in this time zone...11am to be precise. So we'll see how dedicated I am to getting up early.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  There's a former member there named Frijolis and Beans with an 850L. A real character. Loved to stir the pot in the OT. If I was going there, I'd look him up. I've passed through there as a kid on one of our many trips across country and distinctly remember one sunset heading west from El Paso that was beautiful. You going to miss winter! Have a good trip.

cg
                  Ahem... ED I'm in Las Cruces, oh by the way our big toy for tots run is Nov 24 at the Mesilla Valley Mall in the west parking lot at JC Penny's. Registration starts at 10 I believe and we ride the parade at noon. Join us and or drop me a email here. And, if you need any info on the roads to ride in that area or in the Las Cruces area, let me know, I know them all very well being that is my stomping grounds for riding.
                  Last edited by mrbill5491; 10-29-2013, 02:14 PM.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Nmsu

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                    Ahem... ED I'm in Las Cruces, oh by the way our big toy for tots run is Nov 24 at the Mesilla Valley Mall in the west parking lot at JC Penny's. Registration starts at 10 I believe and we ride the parade at noon. Join us and or drop me a email here. And, if you need any info on the roads to ride in that area or in the Las Cruces area, let me know, I know them all very well being that is my stomping grounds for riding.
                    Hey MrBill,

Howyadoin'?

Thanks for the greeting...I'm enjoying NM so far...done a couple of outings but not on my bike...at least, not yet.

I definitely wanna meet up...never thought I'd meet someone from GSR but lots of things are happening that I'm appreciating.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                      Hey MrBill,

Howyadoin'?

Thanks for the greeting...I'm enjoying NM so far...done a couple of outings but not on my bike...at least, not yet.

I definitely wanna meet up...never thought I'd meet someone from GSR but lots of things are happening that I'm appreciating.

Ed
                      Most welcome, check your PM here.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Thanks

Most welcome, check your PM here.
                        Replied!

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Okay, I folded my trailer the other day and had a neighbor help me bring this 200+lbs deadweight into my front room. There's just enough room between the TV and the trailer for some bean bags. That way, parking my "T" next to the trailer will be easy.

Update on my valve adjustment--tomorrow it will be done (tentatively). I will take pics and upload on a proper storage site. This should be interesting (both the adjustment & the pic uploads).

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by isleoman
                            Watch out for the oryxs when you get to middle earth. Good luck with the assignment.
                            Appreciate it...I'll be here at least till Spring. I've been told about the type of animal crossings...people have said they've seen Elk and oryx...mostly at night. I try and ride during the day but I'll be on my guard at night!

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                              Appreciate it...I'll be here at least till Spring. I've been told about the type of animal crossings...people have said they've seen Elk and oryx...mostly at night. I try and ride during the day but I'll be on my guard at night!

Ed
                              Oryx well mostly be over on the White Sands area, there is a special 10 ft fence along the highway to keep them in, doesn't work all the time. Several years ago a guy on a Goldwing hit one at nite. Both died. Elk I've seen on the Sierra Blanca ski road and going up to Sunspot out of Cloudcroft. You also have mule deer as well. See them quite often, even down town Ruidoso.

I'm gonna mention to be careful on the weekends around Ruidoso and the Mescalero Reservation, get my drift. It can be hazardous to your health. Hollowman AFB lost a training officer to a 12 year old Indian kid, parents were letting him drive. That and the 100 mph bike clubs out of El Paso and Fort Bliss like to umm fly low and fast in the mountains. Most of them are Germans lol.
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Oryx well mostly be over on the White Sands area, there is a special 10 ft fence along the highway to keep them in, doesn't work all the time. Several years ago a guy on a Goldwing hit one at nite. Both died. Elk I've seen on the Sierra Blanca ski road and going up to Sunspot out of Cloudcroft. You also have mule deer as well. See them quite often, even down town Ruidoso.

I'm gonna mention to be careful on the weekends around Ruidoso and the Mescalero Reservation, get my drift. It can be hazardous to your health. Hollowman AFB lost a training officer to a 12 year old Indian kid, parents were letting him drive. That and the 100 mph bike clubs out of El Paso and Fort Bliss like to umm fly low and fast in the mountains. Most of them are Germans lol.
                                Oryx... I had no idea. I did some research on why, and its pretty difficult to understand, from what the National Park service says on their web site. "the Oryx - This African antelope was introduced to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The oryx was brought from the Kalahari Desert in Africa to an experimental range at Red Rock New Mexico. Federal law prohibits introducing a wild animal from another country into the wild in this country so offspring were obtained at this experimental range to introduce onto the White Sands Missile Range.

Between 1969 and 1977, 93 oryx were released on White Sands Missile Range. There are now about 3000 animals in residence. Annual hunts for the oryx began in 1974 on the Missile Range. Oryx can weigh up to 450 pounds. They stand 47 inches at the shoulder. Both males and females have horns that average 34 inches long. Their brown coloring with distinctive black and white markings allows them to hide among desert shrubs."

I found the casters on my trailer to be junk. I changed them out for decent ones from the hardware store.
                                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                                X