No announcement yet.

New Job Takes Me To The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics....Looks like you and Mr. Bill had a nice ride...
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
      Great Job!

I really like to see GS's on the road, mine is not a garage queen either. You are in one of my favorite places to spend a weekend. My boy's and I have spent many nights on the ground in the Gila Wilderness. Tell me where these last photos taken and is that a camping area?

That is the City of Rocks state park and yes there is camping there. It just north of Deming about 40 miles on the way to Silver City.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

It was a 250 mile loop, though Ed had another 76 to go to get home. Dang Ed where are the rest of the pics
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          That is the City of Rocks state park and yes there is camping there. It just north of Deming about 40 miles on the way to Silver City.
          Next time I'm out that way I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks

Comment

Replies

Great Job!

I really like to see GS's on the road, mine is not a garage queen either. You are in one of my favorite places to spend a weekend. My boy's and I have spent many nights on the ground in the Gila Wilderness. Tell me where these last photos taken and is that a camping area?
            Thanks!

Bill had made it a point to visit some scenic areas before my departure to the east coast...tentatively in mid-June. I'm glad Bill answered your question below; I had to research Gila Forest because I never heard of it.

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            We had a great time DB. Glad you like the pics and thanks for stopping by.

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            Some of those pictures remind me of the Sandias up in the Albuquerque area where I did a lot of trail riding with my horse when I lived there. Thank you for the reminders.
            You're welcome cowboy.

Did the google map thing and recognized Silver City as well as Truth or Consequences, NM.

It was a 250 mile loop, though Ed had another 76 to go to get home. Dang Ed where are the rest of the pics
            It sure didn't seem like that much distance. I really enjoyed the twisty's in the mountains...scary at times but I gained some valuable experience.

Next time I'm out that way I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks
            Yep, nice place to visit.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Aspen Cash 2014

Awesome Ride today!

Bill, Steve, and Jim...you guys are awesome. My tour of New Mexico is coming to a close and you guys are making in Brilliant!

Got a "still" foto of me coming thru the tunnel side at Inn Of The Mountain Gods. I need to scan it and make it my Avatar for sure.

Lots of twistys leading to the top of the mountain...about 10,000 ft above sea level. No camera shots but you can just imagine it.

Ed
              Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-18-2014, 10:53 AM.
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Aspen Cash 2014

Here's my first foto of me on my "T". Had a Great Ride through the Mountains yesterday. New Mexico has some nice roads to carve...I need tons of practice!

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I remember one ride across Arizona. I had stopped to take a break and the landscape was nothing but sand and rocks to the horizon except for one thing upright. It was a big sign that said, Arizona National Forest. heh eh
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    I remember one ride across Arizona. I had stopped to take a break and the landscape was nothing but sand and rocks to the horizon except for one thing upright. It was a big sign that said, Arizona National Forest. heh eh
                    Believe me AZ just isn't all desert by a long shot.
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Leaving NM

I was just told my report date to my next assignment...well, my next place of employment anyway.

Headed to Panama City, Florida. But first, back to Dover, DE to take care of some things before driving south.

Wouldn't you know it...I come back from a visit to my daughter in Austin, TX and the transmission on my SUV decides to take a crap. I'm very fortunate it made it back to Alamogordo so for that I'm thankful. I love my Pilot so much I'm having the transmission replaced.

I plan one last ride with MrBill next weekend before the month starts to get interesting. My daughters will be home to Dover for the FIREFLY FESTIVAL and I'm flying home to see them before the disappear into the area across from the Monster Mile where all the bands are playing.

This is also my last month in this apartment so my "T" will soon be tied down and not ridden for a little while. Hopefully, I can R2 and do the 530 conversion at a friends house here in Alamogordo this weekend. Everything is tentative at the moment.

Well, thanks for reading my update.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        I was just told my report date to my next assignment...well, my next place of employment anyway.

Headed to Panama City, Florida. But first, back to Dover, DE to take care of some things before driving south.

Wouldn't you know it...I come back from a visit to my daughter in Austin, TX and the transmission on my SUV decides to take a crap. I'm very fortunate it made it back to Alamogordo so for that I'm thankful. I love my Pilot so much I'm having the transmission replaced.

I plan one last ride with MrBill next weekend before the month starts to get interesting. My daughters will be home to Dover for the FIREFLY FESTIVAL and I'm flying home to see them before the disappear into the area across from the Monster Mile where all the bands are playing.

This is also my last month in this apartment so my "T" will soon be tied down and not ridden for a little while. Hopefully, I can R2 and do the 530 conversion at a friends house here in Alamogordo this weekend. Everything is tentative at the moment.

Well, thanks for reading my update.

Ed

Well if they get your tranny in before Sat, bring the bike over here, I gots a new compressor! Pretty sure we can do everything we need to do.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Status for the Wknd

Well if they get your tranny in before Sat, bring the bike over here, I gots a new compressor! Pretty sure we can do everything we need to do.
                          Hey Bill,

It's gonna take a week to get the transmission here...then a day-in-a-half to install. Get well date is: 16 Jun

In the meantime, I'm scheduled to work on the bike this Sat/Sun so I can be ready for next weekend's ride. Thanks and good lookin' out!

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            Hey Bill,

It's gonna take a week to get the transmission here...then a day-in-a-half to install. Get well date is: 16 Jun

In the meantime, I'm scheduled to work on the bike this Sat/Sun so I can be ready for next weekend's ride. Thanks and good lookin' out!

Ed
                            Aaah okay, dang a week huh. Well what you have to do on the bike shouldn't take but an afternoon. Make sure you check that brake light switch on your MC. Oh and do yourself a big favor, install a good transmission cooler on that new transmission. Even though you don't tow any heavy loads, it just helps the tranny to run cooler thus really extending its life.

I'm going to install one of the banjo bolt pressure switches and see how it works. I also got some new baffle packing and do the pipe as well.
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Gsxred?

Hmm, GSXR Ed has been unusually quiet the this last week. Ed you out there?
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Busy Busy

Hmm, GSXR Ed has been unusually quiet the this last week. Ed you out there?
                                Busy at work...we leave in less than 30 days.

Plus, I'll be flying to Delaware next week and then driving to LA for the 4th of July to see my Mom/sisters. Not to mention I'm moving out of my Apt and into billeting on 30 Jun to prepare for that drive back to DE on 11 July. Like I said, busy-busy.

Plus, there hasn't been much to reply to on here. I'm very sporatic when it comes to reviewing/responding to threads. Not too much has peaked my interest.

I wouldn't call myself a Forum Junky...it's just interesting to read some stories.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X