No announcement yet.

New Job Takes Me To The West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did not rent a a car while here. We paid 40euro for a bus/tram ticket and took the Paddywagon to Cliffs of Moher & County Wicklo Glendalough.

The rest of the time we walked through Dublin and did sight seeing.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      We did not rent a a car while here. We paid 40euro for a bus/tram ticket and took the Paddywagon to Cliffs of Moher & County Wicklo Glendalough.

The rest of the time we walked through Dublin and did sight seeing.

Ed
      I enjoyed the bus ride from Dublin to the west coast(Galway) of Ireland.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

The "Luas" tram system is great!

40 euro for one week which included bus rides within the city and train ride to Howth.

Lots of walking and my knees have coped well. To think, this time last year, I was using a walker in our home and a chair for taking a shower. I had surgeries done 4 weeks apart so my wife was tasked to help me cope.

I'm glad I was able to bend one knee at a time. Had I done them both at the same time, both legs would be sticking up when I sat on the toilet! Lol

That's the one recommendation I would give to anyone deciding to have a bilateral knee replacement...get em' done separately.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

My last Guinness for the night...then packing and setting my alarm for 6am.

It's been a fantastic trip here to Dublin!

Ed
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Well, getting through 2 security checkpoints has resulted in being in a segregated part of the airport where there are no restaurants...just those pastry & coffee shops with nothing but gluten foods!

My recommendation when flying out of Dublin, Ireland...give yourself enough time to eat before going through the first set of security. There's no restaurants in the US holding area.

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Well, getting through 2 security checkpoints has resulted in being in a segregated part of the airport where there are no restaurants...just those pastry & coffee shops with nothing but gluten foods!

My recommendation when flying out of Dublin, Ireland...give yourself enough time to eat before going through the first set of security. There's no restaurants in the US holding area.
              There's a few international airports like that, Berlin is too IIRC.

On the plus side, you clear customs in Dublin, so when you hit the USA it's just like coming off a domestic flight. Much easier.
              Last edited by RichDesmond; 04-03-2019, 08:31 AM.
              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Just landed at PHL.

Thanks Rich!

We got to pick up our four-legged family member (Isis) from the kennel too. She'll be happy to see us.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Just landed at PHL.

Thanks Rich!

We got to pick up our four-legged family member (Isis) from the kennel too. She'll be happy to see us.

Ed
                  Okay Ed..... You've been back a couple of days so your jet lag should be cleared up.... So ?

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Use some imagination Garth!

Lol

I'll work on it.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Use some imagination Garth!

Lol

I'll work on it.

Ed

I'd like to see a few pictures as well....
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That means I need to sign into my PB account, upload pics, copy and paste links...such a chore! Lol

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ireland 2019

Okay...it only took a year...here's some pics of our trip to Ireland in March 2019:

Cliffs of Moher

Wife and I on the coastal town of Howth.

Guinness Lake

Glendalough Woods

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ireland 2019-2

More pics...

It's true about the Obama's

Trinity College

The ol' Paddywagon

Coastal town of Howth

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Trinity and the Guinness brewery are about the only things I really like about Dublin, but Ireland as a country is in my top three favorite places in the world. My favorite area is around Galway and Spiddal.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Beautiful photos of beautiful landscapes, Ed.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X