smoked on the first run!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pntrdave
    First off have never drag raced. But I did have a fun run in with a Harley the other day. I was just tooling along on the interstate about 70mph when I saw a harley coming down the entrance ramp next to me. Being the nice guy I am I moved over into the left lane and let him out. Well he rolled out beside me looked over at my old Suzi and kinda snickered and nailed his throttle, you know that blaaaa sound, and off he went. I thought ok he wants to play so I knocked it down into 4th and twisted the throttle clear back to the stop. When I pulled alongside him I was just hitting 9 grand still in fourth, I banged it into 5th, I really think I pulled the front wheel off the ground for a bit but I'm not sure . Was to busy holding on. After that all I saw was that Harley getting smaller and smaller in my mirror. GS750T
    Sweetness......... 8)

Comment

leaving the line

First off your bike is Not designed to leave tha starting line like a drag bike. Reving the motor and dumping the clutch will either bog the engine ,or if it has good power do a wheelie or blow the rear tire loose, depending on where your weight is placed. If you have to race guys be prepared for your bike to pay the price. You rev the motor up into the power band and hold the rpm say 7500 (I don't know you bike) and when the light goes green you have to slip the clutch hard as you twist the throttle to keep the revs even at your set rpm. You will have to punish your clutch by slipping it for a long time at high revs to leave hard. You basically use your clutch hand as a clutch timer just like the dragsters.

Comment

Working...
      X