Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycling from CA. to MI. to pick up my 1982' GS450T then drive it back to CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
    I need to get from Lovelock,NV. to Reno to get a new drivechain,does anyone live out this way?
    Meaning bike is inoperable?

I dont know any NV members.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, I sent Bill a couple of text messages shortly after he posted this and no response as of yet.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I just arrived in California,climbed the big hills on 80W and still a few more. I carefully limped into Reno today from Lovelock at 45 mph with a steady hand on the throttle to go get a brand new chain,a 90 mile in.
        That chain was extremely worn out,i didn't flip the sprockets over, even though I wanted to there wasn't time ,I was working outside their shop.
        Last edited by grcamna2; 06-26-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Great news Bill !
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Whew!
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I arrived at my intended destination of Winters,California last night and the GS ran excellent the entire way out here.The bike really surprised me on how durable it is.
              I towed the 4x8' trailer with motorcycle and lots of other stuff on it up many a road and the little engine just kept on pulling. Great bike.

Comment

I arrived ...................... ...
                Congrats. Thanks for update.

................ ...................... and the GS ran excellent the entire way out here.................
                Yah, no major engine failure (rod thru crankcase or anything). Your failures/troubles enroute where rectifyer/regulator, sparkplug caps, and drive chain.

Sounds like you did a lot, and had a lot of folks help you out, In Detroit and along the way.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I can only imagine the comments and conversations you had on your trip... Glad you made it👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I am glad you made it. It has been really interesting following your journey. Congrats!
                    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

The total experience has been a BLAST !
                      I'm glad I replaced the chain, finally,someone had replaced both sprockets with new ones but they couldn't get the chain off because it didn't have a master link.

Comment

VERY NICE WORK!!
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

For my first post here, I just have to say WOW! What a journey! Thank you Bill, for sharing your trip with us and thanks to all the great people who helped him along the way. Faith in Humanity restored. Also gives me faith that my 82 GS750TZ can and will be a great, reliable bike (once I finish sorting out the charging system).
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Welcome to the GSR Rich-TZ. Sorting out your charging system is about as easy as it gets. Don't be afraid to read up on them or ask questions if you get in a spot of trouble.
                            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              ... ..........
                              Rich, Welcome to GSR. Post intro in "Owners". Post about charging in "Electrical".

Comment

I arrived ...........
                                Do tell us more of your adventure. Seems like each day could have multiple stories.

Sounds like you were stranded 2 or 3 times.

I gather that you camped out on side of road or reststops.

Tell us of all the folks that helped you in Detroit and along the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X