No announcement yet.

Rock On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the traffic,weather,frame of mind and the last album I listened to.'Vagabonds' by New Model Army is a favourite though. 8)

Comment

The Weight
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

"billy jean" Not by MJ though.
        You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
        If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
        1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
        1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
        1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
        1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
        1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Personally I like Montgomery Gentry's "If you ever stop lovin me" The video for this song has tons of bikes in it and I think it works perfectly for a bike ride.

Comment

"Running on Empty"

(Not since I figured out how to use the fuel petcock, though.)

Ever since I was about 10 I always associated Steve Miller Band's "Livin' in the USA" with bicycling and later motorcycling. I have no idea why.

Dave

Comment

The songs that "rock" in my head are...Bon Jovi "Wanted: Dead or Alive" and Ozzy doing "Crazy Train". I get mello when I hear the theme to Bonaza or Andy Griffith

Comment

I was thinking "Bad Motor Scooter", then "Highway Star", but some other folks chirped up first...

"Cities On Flame" or "Hot Rails To Hell" by Blue Oyster Cult.
                "Superunknown", "Slaves And Bulldozers", or "Power Trip" by Soundgarden.
                Those capture the vigor of big-block GS's doing The Business.

If anyone can relate, then you know how badly I am dating myself... :roll:

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L
                  Please don't make fun of me but I'm sorta into country. My road song is Eddie Rabbit's song "Drivin' my life away".
                  That was my wife's song when she drove cab!
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

judas priest (screaming for vengeance and you got another thing coming)

Comment

the wind in my ears.....

Comment

Stevie Ray Vaughn doing Pride and Joy

My S model is my pride and joy, and I get a good rythm in the corners
                        Keith
                        -------------------------------------------
                        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Mystical Kings and Iguanas, Keely Smith.

Earl
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166

"Cities On Flame" or "Hot Rails To Hell" by Blue Oyster Cult.
                            "Superunknown", "Slaves And Bulldozers", or "Power Trip" by Soundgarden.

Ted
                            Now there is some good tunes 8)

Comment

I don't really listen to this stuff anymore but in my youth and specifically at the time I was 17 and riding my Turbo one of the songs that moved me the most was "Run To The Hills" by Iron Maiden.

Still today, I get completely covered with goose bumps when I hear it played.

Couple that with the fact that one of my all time favorite movies it "Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron" and you should get a small picture of one of Hoom's peeves.

I believe it was said best by Mel Gibson at the end of "Brave Heart" when they gave him his last chance to repent of his ways in order to receive a quick and painless death and he replies by bellering out the word "FREEDOM!!!!!"

It all comes together, at least in my mind :?

Comment

Please don't make fun of me here. This is not common for me.

Yesterday I went to my Bro's B-day and we were at Moms. My sisters and nieces were looking thru old scrap books. I started remembering old songs my older siblings used to listen to (me as well as the little one hanging out).

Anyway, so on my way home last night this damn song pops in my head and I couldn't get rid of it.

Elton John "Tiny Dancer".

Usually I'm a Zeppelin kinda guy. Or Tom Petty, Eric Clapton, U2 etc....

Comment

Working...
                                X