Roll-On Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLINGSHOT

I believe the slighshot effect happens when you accelerate hard enough for your hair to stretch and then when you let off the throttle, it snaps back with enough force to cause your eyeballs to catapult into the faceshield.

Earl :-)

Originally posted by ard
    Hello everyone. I am relatively new to bike world. many years ago I tried to ride when I was seveteen, it ended up with disaster, and I gave up; until last year at fifty two I got in riding again because of my daughter, and I am having a blast, I rode all last winter(everyday when the roads were dry) and I injoy ridind the bike any day. I am following this thread, I dont undrestand what does slingshot means if someone can explain to me may be I can try also.

ard :twisted: :twisted:
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I should take a picture of myself when that is happening, and post it in the forum. that would make me lough loud.

ard :roll: :roll:

Comment

Does give one something of a Simpson like impression doesnt it? :-)

Earl

[quote="ard"]I should take a picture of myself when that is happening, and post it in the forum. that would make me lough loud.

ard :roll: :roll: [/
        quote]

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

roll on

Roll on power, my old FJ 1100, followed by my old xs1100, you have to ride them to know jap bike 4 cylinder torque

Comment

Re: roll on

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
            Roll on power, my old FJ 1100, followed by my old xs1100, you have to ride them to know jap bike 4 cylinder torque
            Huh? I have an 1150 and a big bore Katana ( a Real one ) I know all about torque, the Tractor has taught quite a few other vehicles the correct definition of torque.
            Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              I love the engine characteristics of these GS engines, I gotta agree with Earl, the 1150 is very deceptive in how it builds speed, if a close eye is not kept on the speedo an 1150 has a very strong tendency to find it's own pace, mine also seems to like around 90 mph.
              Dink
              I wanna say I understand, the Busa does the same, loves to cruise @ 90.
              I hope to have my GS back together this July, almost done collecting all the new part.
              I am fixing to start the "Final Walk". :twisted:

Yea you have a REAL Katana, not that crap they sell in the states in the late 80's 8)

Comment

Yeah, theres something intoxicating about riding a bike that is literally quietly loafing along at 90 mph with a LOT more left. :-) Also putting a big bore 83 1100 together which I expect will outrun the 1150 by about the same marging that Dink's big bore Kat does his 1150. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Busafied
                I hope to have my GS back together this July, almost done collecting all the new part.

Yea you have a REAL Katana, not that crap they sell in the states in the late 80's 8)

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                  Yeah, theres something intoxicating about riding a bike that is literally quietly loafing along at 90 mph with a LOT more left. :-) Also putting a big bore 83 1100 together which I expect will outrun the 1150 by about the same marging that Dink's big bore Kat does his 1150. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Busafied

My big bore Kat has a "little" bit more than just a big bore
                  Dink

Comment

Ahhhh what fun we could have if I could drop by with the 1100 in Kat clothing. We could keep every cop in the county occupied and confused at the same time. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Dink

My big bore Kat has a "little" bit more than just a big bore
                    Dink

Comment

Re: roll on

Originally posted by Gee-s-is
                      I dont know, I had a stock 1150 for a couple of months, great roll on. then the bike received a little tlc 4 into 1 exhaust carb work etc and the roll on got even better. then the bigbore kit, cams etc and the roll on dropped off a little but when you crossed the power band lookout ! this leads me to my current ride, 2003 zrx 1200 every bit as strong as the 1150 in the roll on and Maybe even stronger. I would like to do a roll on against a 1150 just for curiousity sake and scientific purposes.

Comment

My 83 1100/1260 "NEEDS" the Corbin stepped seat to keep me on the bike if I goose it at 60. Cant wait to get the 1327 kit into the 85 1150.

Comment

Working...
                        X