The GS Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
    of course, 17.5 pilot, two notches richer on needle started at 117.5 main now down to 110 but i am at 6000ft on 0-3\4 is great, still working on wot, scared to go any leaner. waiting on oem gasket to check valve clearance, then vac sync carb and start chop test.
    Keep up the fine work.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I try to read and listen to the people that know what the **** there talking about, thank you and all the skilled GS'es before you!

Comment

Ok, i am in.

Comment

Hey g3 there called louvers and i believe they make some hammer dies to make ur own panels ive seen them somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by 80suzukigs850 View Post
            Hey g3 there called louvers and i believe they make some hammer dies to make ur own panels ive seen them somewhere
            Nice, thank you!

Comment

Hey,

somebody told me this could be the right place to present my ride again after my introduction thread.
              So, here is my ride. GS 550E (modified a little bit ). It lives in Germany (like me too).

Greets
              Sven

Comment

Very nice Sven! You should tell us a bit about what you have done to your bike. What special components, parts and modifications you've completed.

cg
                Last edited by Charlie G; 06-10-2015, 02:48 PM.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by sven77 View Post
                  Hey,

somebody told me this could be the right place to present my ride again after my introduction thread.
                  So, here is my ride. GS 550E (modified a little bit ). It lives in Germany (like me too).

Greets
                  Sven

Yeah I agree with the previous post; shame on you for not elling us more about this beauty! What a clasy bike man!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    Very nice Sven! You should tell us a bit about what you have done to your bike. What special components, parts and modifications you've completed.

cg
                    Sure.
                    Frame: GS 550E ('79), modified backframe (shorter)
                    Engine: GS 550E, K&N (further mods are in my head already)
                    Carbs: VM22
                    Fork: GSX-R1100 ('89) with diam. 43mm combined with ZZR1100 fork crowns (modified for GS steering tube)
                    Brakes front: GSX-R1100 ('89)
                    Brakes back: ZR750 Zephyr('96)
                    Swing arm: ZR750 Zephyr
                    Shocks: HD Sportster (Custom)
                    Front wheel: GSX 600F
                    Rear wheel: GSF600 Bandit
                    Seat: selfmade
                    Tank: GS 550E

Further facts:
                    back sight camera with 4"LCD
                    Wiring completely selfmade
                    Oil cooler
                    Tyres: Continental Sport Attack 2
                    front: 120/70 ZR17
                    rear: 160/60 ZR17

Better?

Greets
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Very nice build Sven, we can all see what a bit of thought and $$ can turn into. you've done a great job resurecting an old classic. Welcome to "The Cafe"

Comment

Firkin beautiful, kinda the same look i was going for (but much, much better!) wow!!!! 7

Attached Files

Comment

Sure.
                          Frame: GS 550E ('79), modified backframe (shorter)
                          Engine: GS 550E, K&N (further mods are in my head already)
                          Carbs: VM22
                          Fork: GSX-R1100 ('89) with diam. 43mm combined with ZZR1100 fork crowns (modified for GS steering tube)
                          Brakes front: GSX-R1100 ('89)
                          Brakes back: ZR750 Zephyr('96)
                          Swing arm: ZR750 Zephyr
                          Shocks: HD Sportster (Custom)
                          Front wheel: GSX 600F
                          Rear wheel: GSF600 Bandit
                          Seat: selfmade
                          Tank: GS 550E

Further facts:
                          back sight camera with 4"LCD
                          Wiring completely selfmade
                          Oil cooler
                          Tyres: Continental Sport Attack 2
                          front: 120/70 ZR17
                          rear: 160/60 ZR17

Better?

Greets

Thanks alot. I think it's good to share your mods so folks have a better idea as to what goes into one of these bikes. There have been a couple of people on the forum who have taken a 550 and installed the pistons, cylinders and head of a 650 for a bike with a bit more HP. The 650 can put out from 68 to 73 HP depending who you believe. Nice work and thanks again.

cg

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                          Firkin beautiful, kinda the same look i was going for (but much, much better!) wow!!!! 7

G-3 I assume your bike is a 750 and I really can't remember for sure. Look up a fellow named Spiff, from Norway who did some mods similar to yours, but he has a 850 top end on it. I'm not that adventurous, just mentioning it.
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Comment

German Cafe

Hey,

Greets
                            Sven

That somebody was me!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful bike.

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That bike is done VERY well! I love the seat. Looks very nicely done. I have been wanting to modify my seat in a similar manner, but don't want to do it to my perfectly good seat, so I have been keeping an eye open for a beat up seat that I can modify.

BTW, I would suggest getting a shorter shift rod, so the actuating levers are more parallel to each other (or shortening the one you have). It will improve the shifting action.
                              1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
                              sigpic
                              My GS550 Build

Comment

Really nice, more race bike than cafe.
                                I dig the mini fenders
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X