What is the age of GSRESOURCES members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
    Just go ahead and lie, like Storm 64. If it had been Earlfor or dpep, I'd have guessed that his odometer rolled over, but not Norm.
    Well, I act like I'm 25!!! Single, live in a bachelor pad, live and work for my motorcycles. My brothers hate me, my nephews love me. At 53, life is good! ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Well, I act like I'm 25!!! Single, live in a bachelor pad, live and work for my motorcycles. My brothers hate me, my nephews love me. At 53, life is good! ☺
      As long as you can think that way, as well, life may be much more enjoyable than otherwise.

After walking away from a failed marriage (she was/still is a drunk) I decided to start all over. Since then I have managed to make the payments on a new house, marry a beautiful woman, and we have delightful identical-twin boys. She has her own first motorcycle (Honda Rebel 250) in the garage beside my 1250FA. They look good together: both bikes are black.
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

39 for another month, had my motorcycle driver license since 16, started on a 1967 Motobecane moped at 13.
        Marc
        AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
        1978 GS1000C X2
        1978 GS1000E X2
        1979 GS1000S
        1979 gs1000
        1983 gs400e

Comment

I do enjoy reading about our member's lives. Thanks for sharing your stories everyone. It makes this site so enjoyable.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            The average forum member age at GSR is 206. And no, I won't be announcing my age in public...
            Meh, you're among the youngest here anyway, I guess.

But yes, methinks the age variance swings wildly in here*. Which I like, and don't focus on - if I do, I judge (at least, try to) people by what they write, not their age.

Anyway - itsa somewhat funny feeling to own a machine older than oneself.

Hella satisfying though.

*) granted, young players usually chime in for a bit and then drop off. Debatable if these count.
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
              Meh, you're among the youngest here anyway, I guess.

But yes, methinks the age variance swings wildly in here*. Which I like, and don't focus on - if I do, I judge (at least, try to) people by what they write, not their age.

Anyway - itsa somewhat funny feeling to own a machine older than oneself.

Hella satisfying though.

*) granted, young players usually chime in for a bit and then drop off. Debatable if these count.

Doesn't matter how old I'm not . I'm sure I'm in the younger half of this population but I do remember these bikes when they were brand new.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Doesn't matter how old I'm not . I'm sure I'm in the younger half of this population but I do remember these bikes when they were brand new.
                You are a Lovely young lady Allie. I still want an invite to try those famous muffins you bake!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  You are a Lovely young lady Allie. I still want an invite to try those famous muffins you bake!
                  I have met Allie and had a couple of her muffins.

Both were enjoyable experiences.

Yes, she is among the younger ones of the forum, no matter what she claims.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I have met Allie and had a couple of her muffins.

Both were enjoyable experiences.

Yes, she is among the younger ones of the forum, no matter what she claims.

Well I do believe a claimed to be one of the younger ones on the forum, you lovable old fartmudgeon.

No one ever comes by for muffins anymore, so I plan to start bringing them to the archery shoots that I go on. Perfect super food for flouncing through the woods all day.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Seems to me Sandy and I are both north of 65 so that puts us in the older than dirt category.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Well I do believe a claimed to be one of the younger ones on the forum, you lovable old fartmudgeon.

No one ever comes by for muffins anymore, so I plan to start bringing them to the archery shoots that I go on. Perfect super food for flouncing through the woods all day.
                        Hiking, archery and muffins? What a fabulous idea! A biathlon I'm actually interested in. Where do I sign up?
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                          Hiking, archery and muffins? What a fabulous idea! A biathlon I'm actually interested in. Where do I sign up?
                          Have you seen those muffins ? It's a triathlon
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                            Have you seen those muffins ? It's a triathlon
                            Right... you have to have those things strapped to your back all day before you can eat them. You'll be glad of the calories believe me.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                            X