Mark Harrop's passing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Lol....I'm not currently excepting any resumes as I have enough friends at the moment...thanks.
    I'll be at the front of that line. I'd be honored to have you call me friend.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Not sure why people are having a trash talking party in a thread for a deceased member, but it has no place here.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Seems like I can kinda recall mark's posting and if my memory serves me right ,they were entertaining comments.

Had to be early on in my gs membership

R.I.P.
        Last edited by trent; 08-04-2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Not sure why people are having a trash talking party in a thread for a deceased member, but it has no place here.
          That's why I removed my negative comments. But I did not know he was such a saint. I guess he chose not to show me his beautiful side.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It's not about him being a saint. He was a wild and crazy Bohemian who had done things around the world that very few here could fully comprehend. He was irreverent, abrasive, and undiscriminating in serving up $hit to other members, and he made the forum more fun and a lot more interesting. Talking $hit about him posthumously has no merit and comes across as low class.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

RIP fellow motorcyclist.
              1976 Suzuki GT750A (Maui Blue)
              1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV (Candy Tone Blue)
              1984 Yamaha RZ350 KRR (Competition Yellow)

Evans
              Macon, GA

Comment

Rest in Peace Mark. I recall his friendship with Joe (?) and seem to remember him supporting her while some members were on the attack.

He also had some very interesting experiences he shared.

Does anyone know what happened?

Comment

geeez ... sorry to hear of this!
                  I recall his slingshot escapades! David vs Goliath ... and loved how he expressed the ridiculousness of all religions.
                  I'll definitely raise one tonight in thanx.
                  see ya Mark. cheers!
                  1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                    the ridiculousness of all religions.!
                    And his severe hatred of one religion in particular. See if you can guess which one that was...?

He said...my mother was a dirty whore...

...I was conceived in the back seat of a car...

...my father was a gang of Blacks...

The thing that hurt me was NO ONE stepped up to disavow his post...

Thanks for jogging my memory of his plastic bag sling weapon how-to.

Now I'll have to go about forgetting all about him again. Made harder by the fact that his type are all over the news these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

And his severe hatred of one religion in particular. See if you can guess which one that was...?

He said...my mother was a dirty whore...

...I was conceived in the back seat of a car...

...my father was a gang of Blacks...

The thing that hurt me was NO ONE stepped up to disavow his post...

Thanks for jogging my memory of his plastic bag sling weapon how-to.

Now I'll have to go about forgetting all about him again. Made harder by the fact that his type are all over the news these days.

Not appropriate for a RIP thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post

Not appropriate for a RIP thread.
                        Gee, how come NO ONE said his remarks were 'inappropriate' when he posted them? Mind you, that story of my conception that he posted? I just paraphrased it. His language was much filthier.

I KNOW at least a good few members saw his disgusting post, because it was a very active thread until his filthy post. Then it went silent, as if everyone just turned their backs and walked away.

NOT A SINGLE MEMBER censured him, supported me, or even disavowed his words.

Comment

Rob, a LOT of what Mark said was tongue-in-cheek, soldier's humor. That having been said, VMass is correct above.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            Rob, a LOT of what Mark said was tongue-in-cheek, soldier's humor. That having been said, VMass is correct above.
                            No. He wasn't that intelligent. Tongue in cheek! I doubt it. He might have been full of liquor. Your mother's a filthy whore, tongue in cheek? Really now.

Maybe his anti-Semitism had a deeper meaning...maybe he was really a poet. He was misunderstood!

Maybe one day we will all evolve enough to learn what he was teaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

No. He wasn't that intelligent. Tongue in cheek! I doubt it. He might have been full of liquor. Your mother's a filthy whore, tongue in cheek? Really now.

Maybe his anti-Semitism had a deeper meaning...maybe he was really a poet. He was misunderstood!

Maybe one day we will all evolve enough to learn what he was teaching.
                              While I didn't see the post you are referring to, it sounds absolutely hideous and no one here is standing up for him. It simply isn't the place to do this.

Please feel free to start a thread in the Vortex, considering that is most likely where this post you mentioned took place.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                                geeez ... sorry to hear of this!
                                I recall his slingshot escapades! David vs Goliath ... and loved how he expressed the ridiculousness of all religions.
                                Right, David vs. Goliath. Guess what? He wasn't rooting for David's tribe.

Comment

Working...
                                X