Mark Harrop's passing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Lol................always good to get a Stripes quote in!
    Good catch!

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Mark certainly said some things he shouldn't have said. I've never done anything like that here, unless you could threatening a couple people's lives. At heart, he was a good guy, interesting, funny, bizarre mini-bike fan. I helped him with a couple projects. I sent him a book he was interested in and he sent me a masood hat. It was too small for my big head, but my bald cousin still wears it. RIP, Sgt. Harrop.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Sad to hear this...even though it's been since 2022.

I vaguely remember Mark's activities on here...just that there was lots of conflict with others.

RIP Mark and thank you for your service.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I was gutted when I heard about Marks passing. One of the few truly interesting people on this site, and worth paying some attention to - which was why I stopped posting here after he (and a couple of others) were kicked off (imo - given they hadn't said anything that hadn't been said by others without censure). And have no interest in posting again given the same sad old trolls still live here.

Anyway - I think this video pretty much sums Mark up...

'07 Yamaha TTR 250 - Exercycle.
          '95 Ducati 900 SL - Duclattery
          '81 Suzuki/Yoshi GSX1135 ET/X - Yoshi
          '84 Suzuki McIntosh - Mac
          '74 Yamaha YZ125A - pain in the rrr's...

Comment

Mark Harrop gone? Sad news. As a long time (but intermittent) forum member I can remember how Harrop's forum focus gradually shifted from the bikes to social/political/scatalogical colour commentary on life in general, both his and his fellow forum member's. He was a pretty polarizing person of note here.

But, like him or not, he served his country a long time and went on to some interesting post military occupations. He paid his dues, and earned his right to pretty much say whatever he felt he needed to say. Didn't like what he said? Walk away then. I did, often enough. But I also stayed often enough to give him a fair hearing, he deserved that.

I suspect that Mark would have been alternately amused and enraged by many of the comments here. Maybe both at once, depending on the source.

So here's a final 'Well Done' Mark. In a world of colourless drones you were a memorable exception. As one old GI to another, I hope you've found your Valhalla Sergeant.​
            Chris
            current fleet:
            1976 Honda GL1000 - 1978 Suzuki GS1000C - 1979 Suzuki GS1000S - 1981 Honda CM400C
            1986 Suzuki RG500G - 1988 BMW R100RS - 1991 BMW K100RS - 1997 Suzuki GSF1200

Comment

Working...
            X