Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wazz went down (Remembering Tina Wasserott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
    Do you have your watch set to military time again Steve ??
    Originally posted by MrsBaatfam View Post
    Hopefully not stepping on anybody's toes but I have to agree. You should get use to the military time thing. ALOT of places go by it. It is NOT that hard to learn. I could even teach to Larry.
    Originally posted by Larry D View Post
    No need for a lesson in military time. Having spent several years in the military, I understand it very well. I'm just not used to someone using it in everyday life. Thanks for the offer for the lesson though.

See some of you tomorrow.
    Haha...MrsBaatfam still has to learn when we are serious and when we are not....

See ya there, Larry...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thoughts and prayers out to Greg and his family.

Comment

sorry for your loss. Thoughts going out to Greg's family.

Comment

deepest condolences

Comment

Greg, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can only begin to imagine how tough this is. If there's anything I can do, now or going forward, please let me know.

Comment

Peace be with you Greg. Thank you for sharing your time with Tina with us and I grieve for your pain. I wish I could shoulder some of your burden. You and your family are in my family's prayers.

Hap

Comment

My heart is heavy reading through this...
                I wish you all the best, Greg, in your time of need. Though I have never met you, I am very sorry this has happened.
                Peace.

Comment

Got back about an hour ago from Tina's memorial service. There were over twenty GSR'rs, including Frank, and Greg was very moved by the show of friendship and caring. He made it a point to let us know how much the support has meant to him. The service was very nice and it is obvious that Greg has a very warm and supportive family - no surprise, of course. We had a chance to get together over lunch following the service, and reminisce. It was good to see some of the GSR friends I haven't seen in some time, as well as meeting several whose paths had not crossed mine ... I just wish it could've been under better circumstances.

I know, Greg, that you've heard this probably more times than you can count, but I'll say it again. If you EVER need anything from us please don't hesitate to ask, night or day. You are an extra special member of this GSR family (among a very special group to begin with), and we are at your disposal should you need us, Pal!

With Warmest Regards,
                  Steve
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Well said Steve. It felt good to give Greg a show of support in this troubling time. My hope and prayer is that in some small way us being there helped him. And yes, any time he needs anything, all he has to do is ask.

It was good seeing some more new faces for people who hang out here. I don't think I'll ever get used to calling people by their real names though...

-- Frank --

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      I don't think I'll ever get used to calling people by their real names though...

-- Frank --
                      That's OK, "administrator", you can call me by me screen name.

I just got back about an hour ago, too. While I was in the area, I took a detour to visit my two sons who are working in Valparaiso this week.

I, too, was impressed by the number of GSers that came, as well as the distances travelled.

Wazz, not that you ever had any doubts, but ... YOU ARE WELL-LOVED AND SUPPORTED.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Rose and I got in around 9:30ish. Took the scenic route home once we got back into Ohio. Was good to see the lot of you again, though wish it was on better terms. I was impressed yet again with the amount of members that showed and how far some had travelled. Greg, we're here if you need. Don't hesitate to ask.

TCK

Comment

Yesterday's service for Tina was touching. Tina would have liked it very much...it was understated and classy without being fancy or pretentious. I thought the reverend did a very nice job of representing how much Tina loved Greg and the whole family and accurately reflected Tina's great life-long passion for adventure and travel.

We all grieve in our own way, but grieving together is very healthy and I know it helped me a lot to be with all of you yesterday. I think the opportunity to sit down at a meal together after the service was a great idea and gave us a chance to express how much we'll miss Tina and how we need to be there for each other moving forward. The chocolate milk toast was also a nice touch.

Wazz mentioned several times how moved he was that the GSR family made such a strong showing. I know our being there helped him move forward with his healing a little bit. I'm proud to be associated with such a fine group of folk who, united by this passion for two-wheeled travel, have connected at a much deeper level.

God bless and godspeed.
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                            I'm proud to be associated with such a fine group of folk who, united by this passion for two-wheeled travel, have connected at a much deeper level.
                            Greg, The Wazz family and all of you were in my thoughts and prayers yesterday.

I'm comforted to know that Greg was with friends during this difficult time.
                            Victor Kolb
                            '80 GS1100L -
                            '85 GS550L -
                            '04 Bandit 1200S - gone
                            '02 BMW R1150 RT - gone as well
                            '15 Triumph Bonneville NewChurch
                            '17 Triumph Tiger 80 XRx

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                              Yesterday's service for Tina was touching. Tina would have liked it very much...it was understated and classy without being fancy or pretentious. I thought the reverend did a very nice job of representing how much Tina loved Greg and the whole family and accurately reflected Tina's great life-long passion for adventure and travel.

We all grieve in our own way, but grieving together is very healthy and I know it helped me a lot to be with all of you yesterday. I think the opportunity to sit down at a meal together after the service was a great idea and gave us a chance to express how much we'll miss Tina and how we need to be there for each other moving forward. The chocolate milk toast was also a nice touch.

Wazz mentioned several times how moved he was that the GSR family made such a strong showing. I know our being there helped him move forward with his healing a little bit. I'm proud to be associated with such a fine group of folk who, united by this passion for two-wheeled travel, have connected at a much deeper level.

God bless and godspeed.
                              Nicely said, Greg...

For me, it was a very sad, yet uplifting day...

And you know what...I haven't had chocolate milk for a couple of decades...and it was really good
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                                Thank you all for being there and delivering our prayers and sympathies in person. Definitely an honorable bunch.

- John

Yes, I am very appreciative to all who were there on behalf of those of us who could not be.
                                Current:
                                2008 BMW R1200RT
                                Past History:1971 Honda CB350; 1972 Bonneville
                                1979 Suzuki GS550E
                                1979 Suzuki GS850G
                                1980 Suzuki GS850G
                                1983 Suzuki GS1100E
                                2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
                                2004 BMW R1150 RT
                                2009 Triumph Bonneville SE

Comment

Working...