Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wazz went down (Remembering Tina Wasserott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no adequate words, but I offer my condolences and well wishes.

Comment

When the group of guys I was with came to pay our respects
      to Greg I could see how we was so very touched by our
      showing of love and support. While I don't know him as well
      as the rest of the Chicago gang, he's always proved
      himself to be a very generous man that expects nothing in
      return. Dawn knew Tina better than I in just their few times
      meeting and knows that the exact same was true for her.

It was nice to see so many of this great GS family there
      yesterday. I'm proud and humbled to be a part of it.

Brad bk

Comment

I cannot even fathom what you are going thru, just know that my heart aches for you.

Comment

I didn't meet Greg or Tina, but I've certainly followed them here on the GSR for a good while now. There isn't anything I can say that can make things better, but I still feel compelled to say that I am so very saddened by this turn of events, and that it could happen to any of us at any moment, on a bike, in a cage, walking on the street.

Greg, I am so sorry that the roulette wheel that life can be has dealt you and yours such an awful blow. I pray that you find peace and comfort and purpose in your days ahead.

Comment

I wanted to share the photo I took of the GSR group giving Greg a photo collection of pictures of Greg and Tina from past GSR events. Thank you to everyone involved in putting this together.

If somone could share a low-res version of the image that was printed, please do.

High res link: http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/8.../photo0259.jpg

~Adam

Comment

Just read what happened

I am a little behind on the times but my heart is aching no less. I wanted to make a small comment about this group. I joined the GSR in January so I have only been here a relatively short time, but I liked what I saw when I joined and wanted to meet some of the fine people who are members here. I put out the word and many of you came and showed your support at my Wrenching Party in Maine. Since then we have had a couple of tragic events happen to members of this forum. Sad and heart breaking these events have been but inspiring also. It is not often that a group of people who have for the most part never met each other, can come out and show such a strong support and love for each other. It does my heart good to know that there are such people in this world and that so many of them are right here in the GSR. I also never met Greg and Tina, but I can tell from all the love and caring that is pouring out through this site, that Greg you do have a very strong support group, as well as any member of the GSR. I feel proud and humbled and thank you all for letting me know and our brothers and sisters know that there are people who care. Thank you.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by AOD View Post
                If someone could share a low-res version of the image that was printed, please do.
                ~Adam
                Here's a link to the image....

Thanks,
                Joe
                IBA# 24077
                '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I'm sorry…

My condolence as well for Greg.
                  Bill
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thanks Joe.

Comment

As a Passanger

Did not know exactly where to post this. However, I just wanted to say as a passanger, this was the first time out since **** hit the fan. Everbody knows what I'm talking about. MrBaatfam and I have been riding as individuals as well as "together" which I prefer for ALONG time. So this really hit home for him as it has for many of you. He has been out by himself a few times now by himself, so I suggested last night that "WE" go for a ride today. I thought it was time. I really felt it was time for me to get back out as well. I'm really glad WE did! Anyways, about 1/2 hour before we left my stomach was doing summer salts, and probably 1/2 hour into the ride I felt tense, but after that I felt sooooo much better. When it was time to "Flop" for a corner, I really tried not to stiffen up, I don't think I did, unless I was not paying attention. I did have my music going thru my ears, and I still talked to myself about being realxed. Over all, I had a wonderful day with a wonderful man!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBaatfam View Post
                        Did not know exactly where to post this. However, I just wanted to say as a passanger, this was the first time out since **** hit the fan. Everbody knows what I'm talking about. MrBaatfam and I have been riding as individuals as well as "together" which I prefer for ALONG time. So this really hit home for him as it has for many of you. He has been out by himself a few times now by himself, so I suggested last night that "WE" go for a ride today. I thought it was time. I really felt it was time for me to get back out as well. I'm really glad WE did! Anyways, about 1/2 hour before we left my stomach was doing summer salts, and probably 1/2 hour into the ride I felt tense, but after that I felt sooooo much better. When it was time to "Flop" for a corner, I really tried not to stiffen up, I don't think I did, unless I was not paying attention. I did have my music going thru my ears, and I still talked to myself about being realxed. Over all, I had a wonderful day with a wonderful man!!
                        I don't know any of you but I wish Wazz the best in recovering both physically and emotionally. This will be something he will not get through easily or quickly but he will do it.

I think what you did is something everyone needs to do and something I tell my oldest every time our horses do something to her. You have to get back up and keep going or you'll never get through it. Every safe ride you and Mr Baatfam have will help you get over your nerves through time. Good luck, congratulations on a good ride, and take care.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I think this is a sign that healing is happening for everyone affected by this tragedy, Greg and those present at the time of the accident have been in my thoughts and prayers every day for the last two weeks. We all greave and heal in our own way on our own timetable.
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thank You

I don't know what to say or where to begin, but to say "Thank You" for the prayers, love and support, during the most difficult time in our family's lives.

Our good friends Joe Nardy, Tim Rose and Greg White would not leave my side until they knew family would be there for me. I tried to kick them out of the ER, they simply said "No" and stayed, looking back it was a huge gesture. Thank You

What followed the next two weeks has been humbling and touching in so many ways, I cannot begin to describe. Our kids continue to impress me at every opportunity, caring for me while mourning for the mom. Outstanding kids, a reflection of Tina's love.

Thank you to all who sent prayers, cards, flowers and love, it is nice to know the kindred love that just flows from the GSResources. The GSers attending Tina's service almost out numbered family, and what a testament to the community Frank has formed.

I wish I had some words of wisdom to offer, but I have little. Tina and I, lived and loved simply. We were together over 30 years, married over 28, four fantastic kids and three cool little grandkids, a great life by any measure.

To say I cherished her doesn't begin to cover it, and Tina signed every card, note or letter she ever gave me, "Forever and Always", I know she felt the same.

Please accept my simply "Thank You" and know you all have made a big difference in our lives.

Thank You

greg
                            Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Well said, Wazz. Words of wisdom, despite your disclaimer.

I think I speak for everyone when I say I only wish we could do more.

(Excuse me, I must have something in my eye... damn allergies...)
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

The only thing you left out, Greg, was that your fine family also reflects your love, devotion, and excellent parenting. Despite your terrible loss it is clear to us that you are blessed with kids and grandkids who carry Tina's love forward - It was there for all to see last week, and I've no doubt it will continue throughout their lives.

I'm sorry we didn't get to touch base yesterday when I was in the area, but glad to hear (from your son, I presumed on the phone) that you are improving. Don't forget ... if you need anything, even just somebody to listen, please don't hesitate to call.

Regards,
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X