No announcement yet.

North central PA rides/riders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I can dig up a few other riders with vintage bikes to tag along. A 1982 GPZ550 & 1980 CB750F.

Comment

If we can nail down a day I'll put together an itinerary, Starting down my way someplace heading up through backroads and the occasional interstate to Tioga county. Return trip route would depend on weather or rider feelings, there are fast ways and slow ways to get here from there.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

"Let's pick a day and make a day trip starting from the Delaware county area where Doug is"
        Where is he located ? I'm in Delhi area ! :-D
        katskillmn y a h o o.c o m

Comment

North Central Riders (Pittsburgh)

Ron:

Im in Pittsburgh here but do extensive traveling on my GS850GL and Im sure you would be welcome to join our rides this year. Check out PGHGayMotorcyclists on Yahoo Groups for events and plans.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyterb View Post
            "Let's pick a day and make a day trip starting from the Delaware county area where Doug is"
            Where is he located ? I'm in Delhi area ! :-D
            katskillmn y a h o o.c o m

Doug and I are near Philly. Nice town to visit but hell on a motorcycle.

I know just about every road between my house and harrisburg. On top of that I've crisscrossed the mountains by bicycle a few times. I think a nice long ride is doable but planning is essential. I'll put together a preliminary route tomorrow.

Comment

I am currently planning a trip for Sunday and Monday the 16th and 17th of this month. Not exactly sure where I am going yet.

Comment

A single 2 day trip or 2 one day trips?

Comment

a single 2 day trip.

Comment

The weather may be questionable those days, if you decide not to go and want to do a single day trip later in the week give mea shout, I can pull a day off without notice at any time.

Comment

will do. I have been watching the weather and monday looks better than tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                        Doug and I are near Philly. Nice town to visit but hell on a motorcycle.

I know just about every road between my house and harrisburg. On top of that I've crisscrossed the mountains by bicycle a few times. I think a nice long ride is doable but planning is essential. I'll put together a preliminary route tomorrow.

I know I stated earlier that the bike was ready, however I probably will not be able to join any rides, at least not for any great length of time.

Due to the recent (6 months ago) addition to the family and all adjustments being made with the new life, I very much doubt my wife will OK a GS ride for me this year. Or at least anything resembling any ride we have done before, and those being talked about currently.

That being said, I'll keep my eye on this thread and if you do all plan to head to northern PA and I can join for a short leg of the trip I will do my best to Join, even if just for a couple of hours.

Amos

Comment

Hey all, I am just west of Philly as well. Let me know what all you decide to do with this idea, I would love to join some fellow GSers on a ride.

Comment

I live in Curwensville, and ride pretty much in that area quite often.

Comment

I am think of putting a ride to go up to Worlds End State park in May. Anyone interested?

Comment

dates? Would it be one day or overnight?

Comment

Working...
                                X