No announcement yet.

Maine to Florida and back, end of April, beginning of May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving tomorrow night!!!! So excited. Just need to put the GPS on there and put the cover on the backrest I made. I'll throw a couple pics up in an hour or two of everything on it.

Comment

can't ride the bike. Went out last night to load my saddlebags and the paint was bubbling on the tank. I have a small gas leak from behind the left side emblem. I'll be driving the car now and crying the whole way down. At least it will be a shorter more comfortable ride. *sigh* poor poor bike. It really wanted to drive me down there. It's been running so nicely for me too!

At least the friggin leak happened now and not when we were a few hundred miles away. I'll post pictures later.

Comment

Garbage! That is too bad man. It's gonna be a tough ride down with all the other sheep on the road!
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My son got a gas leak on his dirt bike, he used a product called "Seals All" to seal a gas leak. Drained the gas down wiped it off with a rag, put a squirt of Seals All over the hole let it sit over night and has ridden the bike for over two weeks with no further gas leakage problems. Not the most cosmetically attractive fix but it worked.

Comment

Here's a pic of the tank. Poor poor tank. i'll re-weld it, seal it and then repaint it. this time I will take even longer with the paint and do a perfect job not just a 'good' job. There won't be any orange peel in it this time.

Comment

Working...
            X