Central Arizona Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
    As for the SRC ride, once I get the bike soundly together again, I'll probably solo it, with a camera. Make a nice whole day ride out of it and try to get spectacular shots.
    Hey Bro' regardless of how accomplished any rider is they should never take a long trip like that solo. I highly recommend riding with a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeman View Post
      Hey Bro' regardless of how accomplished any rider is they should never take a long trip like that solo. I highly recommend riding with a friend.
      Yeah, can't say I was really contemplating it solo, just without the rest of the potential riding group, I suppose.

Comment

Keep any rides you guys have posted in the meetings section or drop me a line, I always overlook this link. My girlfriend and I have no problems burning up to Pheonix from Tucson to meet some folks for a ride. We always have to head north anyways for the good roads.

Heading up Mt Graham this Sunday, but been itching to get to Globe, Payson and Oak creek before the weather starts turning.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I may be able to do the 25th. Is it still on?
          What's the plan???
          Last edited by chef1366; 10-13-2009, 09:58 PM.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            I may be able to do the 25th. Is it still on?
            What's the plan???
            We're still on for the 25th, I'll get more info for everyone once I get home.

Comment

If possible, Bill and I would probably meet up with you guys in Prescott riding from Bullhead City Sunday morning.
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                If possible, Bill and I would probably meet up with you guys in Prescott riding from Bullhead City Sunday morning.
                Jim
                You guys are killing me. I've turned about three shades of green in the two minutes since I read these last four posts.

Have fun Bro's...and be careful. Please.

Comment

Looks like we're meeting at the QT at 2750 W Thunderbird Rd in Phoenix, leaving there at 9 a.m. As usual, you can check out the route at www.myridetime.com. Just click on the little map to pop up a big map. If you're so inclined, drop the webmaster a line and say hi, his name is Ron, introduce yourself. He's the one who organizes, so I figure it's only polite to let him know you'll be coming along.

Comment

That road from I75 over to Wickenburg is called the Carefree Highway. Inspired the song by Gordon Lightfoot. I put rubber on this road a few years back when I visited Mom in Sun City. Part of a 2K mile road trip I made on my GS1100E.

Lot's of construction up Wickenburg way. Is the bypass finished yet? It was still a work in progress when I passed thru in July. Yes, July! The locals are not too thrilled with the bypass. You should make it a point to stop in town and give them some business.

I wish I could join you. It's a loonng way from San Jose. From my last adventure out there, I know there are many roads I missed.

Hey! See if you can get Peppermint Patti's attention. She still lives in Sedona, I think.

Comment

Not terribly sure on the ride status at the moment. I'll have more info on Monday, when I can get together with the organizer. Turns out the ride's honoree invited 80+ people, mostly Harley folk, and that probably wouldn't be terribly fun. Might have to come up with an alternate route or somesuch. Grumble grumble grumble...

Comment

Nothin' wrong with riding with a bunch or Harleyboys. You'll probably be leading the pack anyway.

But if you want to consider an alternate route, the 87 from Tempe/Mesa up to Winslow is a very nice ride. Very nice. It will be cold up north. I know it was in May when I rode down from Winslow. If you want to do a loop, take the interstate from Winslow over to Holbrook, then south through Show Low to get back to the Valley. Never road this way. But looks like it has a lot of potential.

Oh. Say hi to Mom for me.

Comment

Updatification

Alright, ride's definitely on. Harley count is 11 to date, so it won't be terribly crowded. We're riding from the QT previously mentioned, through Wickenburg, Yarnell, and stopping at The Streets of New York in Prescott for lunch. Return trip is negotiable, depends on your final destination, I reckon. My group's probably headed towards Lake Pleasant for the ride back to civilization. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to rebuild my cam chain tensioner, and replace the seals in my tachometer cable, and fit a new valve cover gasket.

Comment

I SURE WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP WITH YOU GUYS SOMEWHERE !!!

I'm supposed to be at my shop, Sunday.

IF YOU GET ANYWHERE NEAR I-17 and exit 293, (first exit south of Sedona, and just north of Camp Verde) .....come-on down!!! I'll shut the doors if I have to and go with you a while...I have a few nice roads up my sleeve also.....

I live on the end of a street and have all kinds of room out back, for tents,
                            If wanted or needed.

I will e-mail my house and cell phone to Bill.

Thank you for remembering me. I love you guys.
                            pmint

Comment

Hey Patti, how you doing? Still single and doing great here. How about starting a thread and posting a pic or two of your shop. We would all like to see what keeps you busy all the time. Wish I could make it out that way for a rally. Maybe someday.

Comment

How are YOU Dave?
                                Single again, yes....but, for now, only on paper.....It's quite complicated and too long of a story!
                                Anyway, again I feel like an infant on this new computer... with pics and all.... I'll try and get it together Dave, Honest!

Going to work tomorrow...Would be nice if I make ONE sale.....
                                It can get depressing....sitting there all day with VERY LITTLE costomers, and no sales...Haven't sold anything in two weeks!!! Looks like I'll close after Christmas, unless another BIG miracle happens...Oh, well, lots more people in the same boat.
                                Lots of praying should be going on now...
                                I'm worried Dave, about what our country coming to.
                                Please feel free to pm me, anytime. Your are definately a good egg,
                                even if you are a 'thread pirate'....!

Now let's get back to the thread.....
                                "ANY OF YOU GUYS COMING THIS SUNDAY??
                                pmint

p.s.
                                Maybe I'll take the camera to the shop, and mess with it, try and get pics again... I don't have any, myself.

But, I'm OK...and the pink baby starts right up, and makes me
                                ....."smile/ride".
                                ...Hey, think I coined a new phrase?
                                P.P.S.
                                BILL, ARE YOU STILL THE SAME GUY FROM THE PHEONIX AREA...
                                ....MR." MY PORCH LITES ARE ON".... ?
                                Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X