Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Amy was getting light headed around 3pm
    Sometimes it is SOOOO hard for me not to make a comment........

Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
      Sometimes it is SOOOO hard for me not to make a comment........

Joe
      Ha...at least I know someone is reading this...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Saturday, July 2nd...

Much like Friday, we had a good breakfast and headed out to ride...
        Went west this time and found some more very nice roads...

We didn't take many pictures this time....
        One shot inside the "Chicken Coop" restaurant...where the food was decent....

And there was the town of Colfax...which claims to be halfway between the equator and the north pole...

Did 227 miles in about six hours...had fun!
        Skipped stopping in at the BMW rally site...saw it twice and unless your camping, I didn't see the point...
        It is like all the Harley rallies we used to go to, without the wet t-shirt contests....

Heading for breakfast in a few, and then homeward bound...
        I think we have time to hit Mindoro and Wildcat on the way home...

Comment

Home...safe and sound...
          364 miles today...for a total of 1225 on the trip...
          We did hit both the Mindoro Cut and Wildcat on the way home...

Just opened an IPA to finish the day...

Comment

Home...safe and sound...
            364 miles today...for a total of 1225 on the trip...
            We did hit both the Mindoro Cut and Wildcat on the way home...

Just opened an IPA to finish the day...
            Bob,

Glad you're home safe and sound and glad you had a good time. Thanks for the pics ad write ups.

I hope you'll still be able to slum it and ride with us po' GS riders.......
            IBA# 24077
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
              I hope you'll still be able to slum it and ride with us po' GS riders.......
              Missed you guys...really...

We rode solo all weekend...only time we talked with the BMW crowd was our couple stops at the rally camp site, once or twice at gas stops and in the bar at our motel...

I have several observations about this crowd and several more observations about doing a solo trip vs. a group ride...
              I will post those up a little later...

Comment

As I said yesterday, the ride home went well...
                After breakfast at the motel...we hit the road about 8:30am...and slabbed 45 minutes down to Black River Falls...
                From there we went to the Mindoro Cut again...this time without all the Harleys in the way, we could get some better pictures.

When we got to the cut, Amy decided to test her gear...as she was getting off the bike, her foot slipped in the gravel and she went down hard, face first...
                Most of the impact was knees and hands, but with her armored pants and gloves on, not a scratch...
                She always complains about wearing gloves, but she said she was glad she had them on then...

From Mindoro, we continued down to 33 and rode Wildcat again...I was feeling much smoother and in control this day, much more so than on the first day of the trip...
                Very fun!

Stopped at an interesting natural rock formation...we were going to walk around a bit, but when we took our helmets off our sweaty heads, we were engulfed in gnats....
                Seriously...after 1-2 minutes, we couldn't take it anymore, and geared back up...
                Amy got one blurry shot from the bike.

And what trip would be complete without a stop at Culver's...this one was on 14 about 30 minutes from Madison, WI.

At Madison, we picked up the slab the rest of the way...and it sucked like always...but the BMW loves to cruise at 80-85 all day long...

It was a great trip...the bike ran without a hitch all weekend...we had lots of fun...

Today...I just have to wash the bike.

Comment

Missed you guys...really...

We rode solo all weekend...only time we talked with the BMW crowd was our couple stops at the rally camp site, once or twice at gas stops and in the bar at our motel...

I have several observations about this crowd and several more observations about doing a solo trip vs. a group ride...
                  I will post those up a little later...
                  Aww.......you're gonna make me cry. Do we need a group hug?

I'm looking forward to your observations. Cathy and I have gone on one non-GS rally, an FJR rally. It just wasn't the same and we haven't done another since.

Joe
                  IBA# 24077
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Working...
                  X