Phoenix area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix area

Interested in planning a Route 66 ride this spring for those in the area that would like to do a one day or weekend ride. Possible weekend, take the 60 to Wickenberg, 93 to I-40, West to Needles. Then take the Oatman Hwy. to Kingman, old 66 to Seligman, I-40, Williams, Flag and then home. Anyone up for something like that? About 600 mi.

Sounds fun...would be the first "big" trip since the bike was restored to running condition.

Keep me in mind...my e-mail is

wkrider281 at yahoo dot com

I subscribed to this thread.

Comment

Sometime in March would be good probably, the weather is warming up and it's not hot in the valley. My son is finishing up at NAU next semester and I can spend the evening with him having a great micro brew in Flag.

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
        Sometime in March would be good probably, the weather is warming up and it's not hot in the valley. My son is finishing up at NAU next semester and I can spend the evening with him having a great micro brew in Flag.

Sounds good to me,,,if you want a riding partner let me know.

Comment

Too bad I'm not in the area, I like doing old RT 66. Take it a little further out of Needles and go thru Amboy. That's a real neat stop there too. They even have gas available there now for decent prices. See my 2010 CA ride post for some pictures.

Comment

Dantheman,

Where can I find your photos, I can't find that place on google maps.

Comment

I night be up for it if I happen to be in So Cal at the time.

Personally, I really like US60, but a ride is a ride, and my brother (with a 1000G) lives in the Phoenix area...

Have you been to Tombstone? I was looking at that on the map.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
                Dantheman,

Where can I find your photos, I can't find that place on google maps.
                Hopefully, in about 30 min or so, I'll locate my ride posts from my CA trips, you'll be able to find them. I'll also shoot a Google map shortcut here when I edit this post.
                First edit: Here's my ride thread from Sept 2010. My '07 ride apparently is no longer in the forum, as it doesn't show up in threads started by me. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=165302 . I'll get the map stuff for you shortly.

2nd edit: OK, here's the map from Needles to Amboy. There are some pretty good pictures of Amboy on Google too. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ne...a=1,2&t=m&z=10
                Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2011, 04:13 PM. Reason: additions to post

Comment

Thanks...checking it out now.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                    I night be up for it if I happen to be in So Cal at the time.

Personally, I really like US60, but a ride is a ride, and my brother (with a 1000G) lives in the Phoenix area...

Have you been to Tombstone? I was looking at that on the map.
                    Not recently and not on my bike, that would be worth a look. I personally really enjoy the 60 also, all the way to Socorro. Did that in May, on my way to Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      Hopefully, in about 30 min or so, I'll locate my ride posts from my CA trips, you'll be able to find them. I'll also shoot a Google map shortcut here when I edit this post.
                      First edit: Here's my ride thread from Sept 2010. My '07 ride apparently is no longer in the forum, as it doesn't show up in threads started by me. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=165302 . I'll get the map stuff for you shortly.

2nd edit: OK, here's the map from Needles to Amboy. There are some pretty good pictures of Amboy on Google too. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ne...a=1,2&t=m&z=10
                      Looks interesting, definately the road less traveled. All we need now is a little warmer weather and a weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X