Rochester to Oakland on my 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you guys are so good to me!

I ended up staying in Chicago a bit longer than expected. Picked up some work with the Techweek conference on the way through as they needed some help with copywriting and content creation.

Heading over to Joe Nardy's tomorrow night to change the rear tire before I escape the midwest and brave the great divide.

Getting some pretty good pictures so far as well, and got to check in with my old '83 750T which now resides with my buddy here in Chicago.

It's been a blast so far. Did 620 miles the first day, and it was surprisingly easy, even on 90. Loaded a bunch of Science Friday podcasts which helped a lot, but mostly I'm attributing it to the Super Atomic Foam and new seat cover from Sargents.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      leaving Chicago to the west on 90/290/94 SUX !!
      Just checking in.....Hope you didnt have your troubles on those expressways . Kudos again to the Chicago guys
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Just checking in.....Hope you didnt have your troubles on those expressways . Kudos again to the Chicago guys
        Actually, I did. Dropped the outside cylinders and spent 3 hours on the side of 90 yesterday before Joe and Baatfam came to the rescue. Took it apart and everything checked out so we buttoned it back up and it started fine. Got to Joe's and changed the tire and took off this morning. Made it back to my buddy's place in Chicago and when I parked it I went to turn it back on to change spots and it's dead. Nothing when I turn the key.

Anyone in Chicago want to buy an 1150? Mechanic's special!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
          Actually, I did. Dropped the outside cylinders and spent 3 hours on the side of 90 yesterday before Joe and Baatfam came to the rescue. Took it apart and everything checked out so we buttoned it back up and it started fine. Got to Joe's and changed the tire and took off this morning. Made it back to my buddy's place in Chicago and when I parked it I went to turn it back on to change spots and it's dead. Nothing when I turn the key.

Anyone in Chicago want to buy an 1150? Mechanic's special!
          Turned out it was the signal input on the fuse block that went. Bypassed it with a TON of help from George (koolaid_kid). Picking up a spare from Bob (Baatfam) in the morning and then heading west on 88 from there.

Any suggestions on where to land tomorrow night? I've got my tent and sleeping pad with me so I usually just stop and camp when I'm done for the day on trips like this.

Comment

Sioux City. Some ominous storms on the horizon. Repairs are holding up well though.

Comment

Glad to hear your ride today went as planned, with no unexpected issues... Hope you manage to stay dry, Pal! ;-)

Comment

North-west towards Rapid City to see the Badlands next on the agenda and then to Yellowstone?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  North-west towards Rapid City to see the Badlands next on the agenda and then to Yellowstone?

Eric
                  Indeed. Just ran into a surprise guest. More to follow.

BTW - I meant Sioux Falls, not City.

Comment

Badlands is cool but you will want to stay in the Tetons and Yellowstone for a month!

Eric

Comment

Badlands is cool but you will want to stay in the Tetons and Yellowstone for a month!

Eric
                      That's my concern. I'm supposed to be back by Wed!

Comment

Back to Oakland!!!????
                        Which Wednesday?

Eric

Comment

Back to Oakland!!!????
                          Which Wednesday?

Eric
                          Nothing wrong with ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
                            Nothing wrong with ambition.
                            Unless it kills a good road trip.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              Unless it kills a good road trip.
                              It's only 800 miles/day, but with how tonight is going I'm guessing I'll be getting a late start in the morning. I ran into Art Tarian from MotoAdventurePros at a Love's in Sioux Falls. He started talking to me about the 1150 and we went for a ride.

Comment

You're a laugh riot, Mike! Now GET TO BED ... you need your rest, young man!

'Nite,

Comment

Working...
                                X