No announcement yet.

Glenn and Trevor's Excellant Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, how cool is this! Have a great trip!

Comment

More pictures from the adventurers
      Moab Arches National Park

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Looks amazing guys!! real nice grin you've got on your face there Glenn, looks like you guys are having a great time.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Canyons canyons canyons ! Borrriiinngg. How but a picture of a brew pub ?

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Ok ok Garth we will try and make that happen tomorrow, remember though, we are in Utah right now.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              More pictures from the adventurers
              Moab Arches National Park

This needs to go on Wheelies' facebook page. They love pics of Wheelies swag in far off places!

Great pics guys, wish I was there.

Edit: Hope you don't mind but I stuck the pic on Wheelies' page. Too good not to!
              Last edited by Hayabuser; 05-04-2014, 01:31 PM.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Okay guys you're back on my Christmas card list....Burr Tree Grill on Hwy 12.
                Hmm... You don't look real comfortable that close to the edge Trev... " Take the damn picture Glenn so I can off of this thing ! " }

Last edited by bccap; 05-04-2014, 06:39 PM.
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Did at least one of you get the "snowbird special"?? It almost looks like you're wearing a neck warmer there Trevor...can't be though, it's got to be warm enough down there.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

That's more like it guys. Where are you now? Still Utah.........
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for posting Garth. It was a little cool at the summit of 12. Around 55 and windy but what a road!! We have seen so many great sites that I'm starting to od on Utah. so we are staying just outside Brice canyon for the night then heading to Ely Nevada in the morning. We have put on 3200kms since leaving Victoria.
                      Glenn and I have gotten along very well except for the bathroom incident Glenn had but I will let him talk about that.
                      Our bikes are performing like champs with chumps on them. Lol. I am very happy about my decision to be broke and own my K1300R..just a brilliant bike for this kind of riding. Bonus is that I'm even getting slightly better gas mileage than Glenn.
                      Glenn will post our gps reading soon. It has some interesting numbers. I'm sure those numbers will get even more interesting tomorrow in Nevada.
                      Gotta get out of Utah before I take another wife.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Did at least one of you get the "snowbird special"?? It almost looks like you're wearing a neck warmer there Trevor...can't be though, it's got to be warm enough down there.
                        No we didn't get the snowbird special, I saw it but went with the pork instead. Awesome food and very pretty waitresses too.
                        I just wore the scarf for flair.
                        No signature

Comment

Our GPS log for the day contains the usual top speed error. I think it's those Russians up in the International Space Station messing up the satellites!

That Hwy 95 from Blanding to Hanksville is the most fun road I've been on yet! We rode about 110 miles without encountering another vehicle on our side of the road. I don't know what was more spectacular, the technicality of the road or the scenery! A lot for a poor deprived Island boy to take in! Add to that the comfort in knowing there won't be any red and blue lights to contend with and it was motorcycle nirvana! I'll be back!
                          IBA# 12860
                          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                          1984 KZ1100R
                          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

A little food for thought as you tear across the desert.....Have the two of you thought of how unbelievably cool in every sense of the term it would have been doing that trip on the gs1100 and 1000s? Picture it.....Two old school bikes flashing across the vast desert toward a distant horizon..........Just bustin a bit. Clearly you've chosen very good tools for the job, and I'm glad the trip is going well. Thanks for the incredible pictures.
                            Stay safe and enjoy.....some more
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I know you're just ribbing them but Glenn and Trevor both have two fine vintage bikes that get regular use and used at rallies of some distance. Dead heading long distances to get to the area you want to be in, a little comfort goes a long way.....
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

What model of Garmin GPS are you guys using ?

Comment

Working...
                                X