Glenn and Trevor's Excellant Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    I know you're just ribbing them but Glenn and Trevor both have two fine vintage bikes that get regular use and used at rallies of some distance. Dead heading long distances to get to the area you want to be in, a little comfort goes a long way.....
    Understood. heck, the miles they divide up between cycles per year far exceeds what I do on my lone cycle in a year....The choice of ride definitely flavors the trip differently. I definitely couldnt do that trip on my 1150 in that timeframe.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Understood. heck, the miles they divide up between cycles per year far exceeds what I do on my lone cycle in a year....The choice of ride definitely flavors the trip differently. I definitely couldnt do that trip on my 1150 in that timeframe.
      Yup.... They're the only two I know who have Carpal Tunnel in their a$$....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        What model of Garmin GPS are you guys using ?

Ditto. Enquiring minds want to know... I like that trip recording feature.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

They're using a Garmin Nuvi 2595
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            A little food for thought as you tear across the desert.....Have the two of you thought of how unbelievably cool in every sense of the term it would have been doing that trip on the gs1100 and 1000s? Picture it.....Two old school bikes flashing across the vast desert toward a distant horizon..........Just bustin a bit. Clearly you've chosen very good tools for the job, and I'm glad the trip is going well. Thanks for the incredible pictures.
            Stay safe and enjoy.....some more
            I think Trevor was trying to avoid more of this....

Although fun was had by all, it does cut into the riding time
            Rob
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
              They're using a Garmin Nuvi 2595
              Thanks....

Comment

Yes, it is a Garmin Nuvi 2595. I can't really recommend it for motorcycle use, it shuts down on occasion. It is a pita resetting it while riding. The Zumo range of Garmins are built for motorcycles and are more shock resistant, plus they're weatherproof.

I think the word for today's ride would be 'wind'! Real strong winds today made riding quite a chore at times. Thankfully we were in a lot of Nevada desert, that raised the pace of the ride considerably. (That fact is reflected in the max speed of today's GPS log.) We've had enough of the thin air of high elevations, so we're shooting for the California coast tomorrow. Hmm, time for some seafood maybe!

IBA# 12860
                Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                1984 KZ1100R
                2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Some more pics from the guys......
                  Walker Lake Nevada

Not so fancy tonight in Fallon Nevada. Heading to ft Bragg on the California coast tomorrow
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Your moving along pretty good. Nice to follow along with your ride.
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey guys. I don't know what your schedule is. But if you don't want to get wet don't come back til Sunday or later....
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

We made it to the coast, ft Bragg Tuesday around 330 Tuesday. Pic from our motel.

We park where ever the fvck we want!
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Got some good bends north of you, been 22 years since I've been able to enjoy that stretch of tarmac.

What tires did you settle on? Are you happy with them?
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Nice....what a couple of rebels
                            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                              Got some good bends north of you, been 22 years since I've been able to enjoy that stretch of tarmac.

What tires did you settle on? Are you happy with them?
                              Yes, amazing roads! I went with the new Michelin pilot road 4s. Love them.
                              No signature

Comment

Hey you two ! Where's the pics ? And never mind the hotel parking lots !
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X