Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lemay car museum and vintage motorcycle show..Tacoma Wa

Anyone here heard of this museum/event?
    My son and I are taking off Thursday morning until Sunday and it looks like this is where we are headed. Going to go to the Wild Waves water park Friday then to the meet and museum on Saturday. It's been a great summer and I can't think of a better way to finish it off than with my boy on a motorcycle trip.

No signature

Trevor

I went last year and both are fantastic.

There is a big lawn outside The Lemay and they fill it with all sorts of bikes.
    The Lemay itself has a wonderful collection

Plan 5-6 hours to do it all

I'll be in Bend Saturday, or I'd be there
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      Trevor

I went last year and both are fantastic.

There is a big lawn outside The Lemay and they fill it with all sorts of bikes.
      The Lemay itself has a wonderful collection

Plan 5-6 hours to do it all

I'll be in Bend Saturday, or I'd be there
      Hey that's awesome Todd. Thanks for the info. I saw pics from last years event and the bikes are mighty impressive!
      No signature

Comment

We are ready to go...really looking forward to this trip with my boy. This is big for us as we have never done a trip States side just the two of us. I would really like to take a big trip next year with him..and lots more too.
        I'm gushing a bit but I'm so thankful that I get to do this as my life has not always been this good.

No signature

Comment

My son and I got back from our trip to Tacoma Wa. Sunday afternoon.
          What an amazing time we had. I'm so thankful to have been able to share this experience with my son. We built some wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
          We rode my "Euro Trash Ego Trip machine" (thanks Jeeprusty ) Oops sorry..."Over priced... Euro Trash Ego Trip Machine"

We took the Coho Ferry over to Port Angeles and from there it was another 200kms to our motel in Federal Way Wa.
          We have a very busy habour in Victoria...

Let the spoiling begin!! Lol...

Friday we checked out where the museum was located...very cool building. From what I understand the city donated the land and the museum was built and finished in 2012 to house hundreds of Harold Lemay's cars. The family has a separate grounds to show more of his collection too.

I will post more pics later today, just wanted to get it started.
          No signature

Comment

So Friday we decided to take in the "Family's collection"..

The LeMay Family Collection at Marymount in Tacoma, WA is a car lover’s heaven! Open year-round 6 days/week for guided tours, showcasing hundreds of vintage vehicles – primarily American-made cars, trucks, buses, fire engines, motorcycles, and more. The LeMay Family Collection was started by Harold & Nancy LeMay and continues to grow. The historic Marymount campus, once the home of the Marymount Military Academy, then the LeMay – AMERICA’s CAR MUSEUM, is now managed by the LeMay Family Collection Foundation as the Marymount Event Center. It features indoor and outdoor event space for small or large car shows, private events, corporate events, or weddings.

We arrived at almost closing time but the wonderful volunteers showed us around. This was the first building we entered.

This is the suburban Harold Lemay fixed up as his "car rescurer" He would trave around North America buying cars and bring them home.

An Indian once owned by Dennis Hopper..

They did not have a ton of motorcycles at the Family collection but what they had was very nice.

Some of you might remember the 82 1100e..it was up for auction a few months ago but did not sell..

No signature

Comment

Saturday was the Vintage meet at the museum grounds..

Anyone here?
              No signature

Comment

More...

Check this out..an original unrestored Honda Sandcast! One owner bike and he rides it!

This bike was flawless...

A BC bike..

No signature

Comment

Trevor,

This is a good thing, a very good thing you've done! Look forward to more pictures.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Couple of more from outside...

Iside the museum they had some awesome real like grand prix games...I gotta say this place impressed the heck out of me. So interactive and friendly.
                    My son loved this one..

No signature

Comment

Thanks Charlie...I must say it was a little emotional at times for me being with my son and us having so much fun together. I am so lucky that he came into my life. I love him so much!

Awesome lunch...

When I was kid I wanted to drive a quarter midget in the worst way...lol

This was the view from the restaurant we had lunch....doesn't get any better than this!

On the way home Sunday we stopped in Bremerton Wa. to check out these Aircraft carriers.

No signature

Comment

So we heard about some dirt Flat track racing that was happening out near Mt Rainier on Saturday night. I called a number for the track and the owner Dan answers...says he won't be there as it's his wifes 30 school reunion. Nicest guy...I tell him how I heard about the races and he tells me to ask for his neice Kim when we get there. Tells me "you have to bring your sone, he will love it"! How could I refuse? Lol...
                        So we head out from our motel and after 70kms we arrive at this old little track in the middle of no where. We could hear the bikes from a distance. And we get to the gate and I ask for Kim..."you must be Trevor, the Canadian, my uncle told me to look for you"... We paid 20 bucks and that got us pit passes too. The pits was where we parked. What a blast! 140 races between 4:30 and 10:30...quads, supermoto, and vintage v-twins. The Baker Brothers were there too.
                        The flag guy I'm told was a Flag/starter legend...he was a a starter in the 60s and 70s for AMA racing..guys like Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer etc. and he was the guy in the movie On Any Sunday...the guy doing crazy stuff with the checkered flag. Too cool!!

You can see the flag guy (sorry I forget his name) wearing the American flag shirt...

And get this...when we get home there is a message on my phone from Dan..he just wants to know if we had fun at the track? Waht a way to end our trip.

In the morning we had some other BC boys show up at our motel..

And finally, waiting for the Coho ferry in Port Angeles to take us back to our little Island.

Great time!

No signature

Comment

Wow...no comments on these beautiful machines?? This place has gotta be the best kept secret in the state of Washington. I'm really surprised that there have not been any Washington members here post about the vintage bike meet in past years or the car museum it's self.
                          Question..does Washington not have a law against talking or texting while driving? I felt like a sitting duck...I have never seen so many people talking and texting while driving in my life. I saw one guy on the I-5 steering with his knees while texting!
                          No signature

Comment

Trevor, great pictures, and great family time. Looks like it was a blast.
                            If I recall, Larry (nvr2old) attended last year and posted a buch of pics.
                            The buildings and grounds themselves look impressive as well.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Beyond amazing... just spectacular! Geez, that Liam kid is sure getting spoiled... just like his old man!
                              IBA# 12860
                              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                              1984 KZ1100R
                              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Working...
                              X