No announcement yet.

The Lemay car museum and vintage motorcycle show..Tacoma Wa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a beige one of these which we bought in North Carolina and drove back to California in 1968. The Ford wagon to the left was the car my grandparents owned, but Gold with the fake wood side panels. He looks happy ( sugar high?).

I owned a "Quarter Midget" when I was a kid. One of the few things my Step Dad did to endear himself to me that didn't involve a belt and I don't think this is one. The wheels are bigger and I'd bet it has a bigger engine in it. Mine was Blue and White, but in the pictures it's black and white. Thanks Trevor.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey Glenn and Charlie, glad you enjoyed the pics. I strongly recommend you check it out.
      Charlie that's cool you had a quarter midget.
      Thought you guys would enjoy some more...

No signature

Comment

Guess who?
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Guess who?

Oh Charlie, that is some kinda awesome!! Thank you for posting that!
          No signature

Comment

That is an amazing shot Charlie. The helmet is terrific but the driving suit is tres chic! A white belt to match even.
            IBA# 12860
            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
            1984 KZ1100R
            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Trev,
              Great pictures, I just went through them, Great Trip, Great camera/photos, Great bikes not being from that area have never been to the Lemay . Something for the bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Trev,
                Great pictures, I just went through them, Great Trip, Great camera/photos, Great bikes not being from that area have never been to the Lemay . Something for the bucket list.
                Thanks, I am amazed at the quality of cell phones!
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Guess who?
                  Great picture Charlie, I see there were a lot of vintage cars running around your neighborhood even in the late 70's

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Thanks, I am amazed at the quality of cell phones!
                    What 20GigaPixel Iphone 10?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      What 20GigaPixel Iphone 10?
                      It's an I phone 5 that's I've had for a couple of years.
                      No signature

Comment

Wow...no comments on these beautiful machines?? This place has gotta be the best kept secret in the state of Washington. I'm really surprised that there have not been any Washington members here post about the vintage bike meet in past years or the car museum it's self.
                        Question..does Washington not have a law against talking or texting while driving? I felt like a sitting duck...I have never seen so many people talking and texting while driving in my life. I saw one guy on the I-5 steering with his knees while texting!
                        Trevor,
                        Great report and glad you had some father-son bonding time. He will remember that trip forever. I have driven past the Lemay museum dozens of times, never went in. I was going to the Saturday show but got a work 911 call that morning. Thanks for posting the pics.

Yes, both texting and talking are moving violations here. Doesn't really stop anyone. Worst near the population centers and freeways. I avoid the superslab at all costs....

Bob G.
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I was there 8/19, a few days before the show and it is a great museum. I wish I could have attended the motorcycle show---perhaps in 2016.... Remember seeing this one?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by GS1000S; 12-15-2015, 03:25 AM.
                          78' GS1000EC
                          79' GS850GN
                          79' GS1000N
                          79' GS1000EN
                          81' GS1100EX

Comment

Damn, I missed this thread first time around. Thanks for the bump GS1000S and thanks for posting Trevor.
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                              Damn, I missed this thread first time around. Thanks for the bump GS1000S and thanks for posting Trevor.
                              You are welcome...we had a great time and I am hoping to talk so GSR members into going next year. I'm going to Italy next Aug so hopefully the dates work because this is an awesome bike show.

Originally posted by GS1000S View Post
                              I was there 8/19, a few days before the show and it is a great museum. I wish I could have attended the motorcycle show---perhaps in 2016.... Remember seeing this one?
                              Oh yeah, I remember that car.
                              No signature

Comment

I'm going to Italy next Aug so hopefully the dates work because this is an awesome bike show.
                                I had 8 days in Italy in November, fracking ace place!
                                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                                X