Heading for the Gap this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading for the Gap this weekend.

The wife gets depressed around Mothers Day and indicated she wouldn't mind getting out of town this coming weekend. Being the obliging type I called http://riverstonelodge.com/ and got reservations for Friday-Saturday-Sunday. I planned to trailer the KLR and get some riding in but the weather forecast hasn't been looking good, finally today it has changed a bit. I think I will risk it and take at least a half day to hit the Foothills Parkway and the Dragon. Not sure which day but if you are in the area give me a shout here or on Facebook.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

If you do the foothills parkway, do both directions. Each one has a different look.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That new section of the Foothills Parkway from Townsend to Wears Valley is open now, too.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        The wife gets depressed around Mothers Day and indicated she wouldn't mind getting out of town this coming weekend. Being the obliging type I called http://riverstonelodge.com/ and got reservations for Friday-Saturday-Sunday. I planned to trailer the KLR and get some riding in but the weather forecast hasn't been looking good, finally today it has changed a bit. I think I will risk it and take at least a half day to hit the Foothills Parkway and the Dragon. Not sure which day but if you are in the area give me a shout here or on Facebook.
        Sounds like fun. Will she ride with you?

My wife grew tired of the KLR pretty quickly when we had it, but still likes riding with me on the GS.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No, my Wife gets around using a walker or rollator (Bad back issues), riding isn't an option for her. That is why I'm only planning a half day for riding. I will do tourist stuff with her the rest of the time.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Gotcha! Maybe a sidecar is in order for one of your thumpers. She'll enjoy getting out of town for the weekend nonetheless I'm sure.

Ride safe, and enjoy!
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Remember...

If you need help with anything, roadside assistance, tools, second set of hands, or help drinking bourbon, we are only an hour away from Townsend.

PM sent with my cell number.

Have fun.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks Bob, the weather still isn't looking great, I may make a last minute call on bringing the bike.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Wound up not taking the bike, Saturday was a washout but Sunday was OK. I drove the new section of the Foothills Parkway that runs into Wears Valley, My My what a fine road with spectacular overlooks. I WILL return on a bike. Here are some shots from some of the overlooks.
                  IMG_4330 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_4334 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_4333 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

IMG_4334 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_4330 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                    X