2023 Dave Davis Memorial Rally -- Farmington, Misssouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 Dave Davis Memorial Rally -- Farmington, Misssouri

Just a reminder that it's getting to be that time of year again for attendees to start planning on some good 'ol Missouri sweepers.

I will start it off by stating that anytime after Labor Day works for me. I might even show up early and leave late as I have some vacation time accruing that has to be used up or else it gets lost. Gosh it's getting harder and harder to act like retirement takes a lot of planning.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Yeah, I checked the calendar, NOT!, and any time after the Labor Day weekend works for me as well. The 7th -10th would be good dates possibly?

I too, will probably arrive early, don't know about staying late. The weather will dictate a lot of my plan, or lack of!
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I just came here for the specific purpose of checking on this issue. After Labor Day makes sense but 7-10 is a problem for me. The 7th is our anniversary. Could we do Friday through Monday instead? Or Friday through Wednesday... I need to use up some vacation time too.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Have I mentioned that you retired guys make me sick?

Work prevents me from attending the weekend of 7-10 and likely the following weekend as well. Closer to the end of the month is better for me.
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          I just came here for the specific purpose of checking on this issue. After Labor Day makes sense but 7-10 is a problem for me. The 7th is our anniversary. Could we do Friday through Monday instead? Or Friday through Wednesday... I need to use up some vacation time too.
          I like the way you're thinking! That would give us plenty of time for multiple samplings of the fine fixins' at Hercules BBQ!
          Ron
          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Then that settles it. The rally will begin on 1 Sep. and end on 30 Sep. Feel free to arrive when you can and stay as long as you want.
            Last edited by alke46; 08-08-2023, 02:41 PM.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

[QUOTE=gbw;n1728030]Have I mentioned that you retired guys make me sick?

Have I mentioned that you need to get your priorities fixed? Work can always wait for that rainy day.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Bump... This is getting to be short notice. Any of the other usual suspects out there?
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Bump... This is getting to be short notice. Any of the other usual suspects out there?
                  Well without a firm date, hard to say. September/October is good for me...(retired ya know)
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I guess the 3-4 of us that are interested so far, can decide on the dates??? I'm retired so anytime works for me! I'm all for making this a 4-5 day event. The earlier in September the better!
                    Ron
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I'm also open to any dates in September or October. If any of you just want a riding partner, I'm there. After this month is over, I will be a returning rider to the Arkansas and Missouri Ozarks, probably any or all of the weekends.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

I'm extremely interested as always, but I have a one commitment coming up sometime in late August or September that hasn't been scheduled yet, and another possible commitment that has not been decided for the weekend of September 23-24.

I will be there if I possibly can, but I can't help pick a date just yet.

Damn real life crap...
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

As it stands right now, I think Ron and I will be there from 9/6 until we get our fill of BBQ and the Missouri sweepers. This means more than likely we will be there through the weekend. So if anybody feels like joining us, c'mon down.

What about the guys from northern Indiana and the burbs of Chi-town? Anybody coming? How about Bob (Baatfam)? Maybe Bob can yank Nardy out of motorcycle nirvana and re-introduce him to the routes he has founded that makes up the great road routes we all like so much.

Hope to see some of you all there.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                            As it stands right now, I think Ron and I will be there from 9/6 until we get our fill of BBQ and the Missouri sweepers. This means more than likely we will be there through the weekend. So if anybody feels like joining us, c'mon down.

What about the guys from northern Indiana and the burbs of Chi-town? Anybody coming? How about Bob (Baatfam)? Maybe Bob can yank Nardy out of motorcycle nirvana and re-introduce him to the routes he has founded that makes up the great road routes we all like so much.

Hope to see some of you all there.
                            Come on guys! Don't make me chase Larry around those fantastic Missouri sweepers all by myself! I get tired of seeing the same tail lights all the time! (mostly from a long distance!)
                            Ron
                            1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Yeah, right............spoken like a true sandbagger.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
                              X