X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2024 Brown County, Indiana Rally - June 20 - 23, 2024

Save the Dates!

2024 Brown County GS Hooraw:

Thursday, June 20 through Sunday, June 23 2024.

I've already had some inquiries, so I thought I might as well go "public" with the dates for 2024.

As is tradition, we'll be based at the palatial Rosemount Motel in Bedford, Indiana, smack bang in the middle of Indiana's most delicious and delectable twisty roads and scenery.

And yeah, this is in Lawrence County, two counties over from Brown County, but never mind all that. There were reasons, good reasons...

As ever:

- Please do NOT call, email, pester, bug, or bother Jay or any of the fine folks running the Rosemount. These days are blocked to all other reservations, and I will handle making the rooming list for the rally.

- Watch this thread. I will email past attendees sometime in March 2024, then announce here when I am ready for additional requests.

- Please start your winter motorcycle projects early... finishing your motorcycle build, maintenance, or modifications at 3am the night before departure has a distinctly poor record of success.

- Please get out and ride a LOT next spring, as early as you can. Setting forth with rusty skills also has a poor record of success.

- Ride whatever you want. We're not organized enough to keep people out or anything. But you'll be considered somewhat cooler than average if you do manage to show up on a GS.

- Ride fast and shift a lot.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

I usually need this post to lift my spirits in the dead of winter.

This is immediately after TRO's 777 tour. I wonder if I can get away for 2 weeks straight...
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Of course you can! This should be enough notice, right?

In fact, rumblings about the 2024 TRO 777 is one reason I chose these dates.

That, and Father's Day is the 16th in 2024 -- June starts on a Saturday, and Father's Day is the third Sunday every June. I've learned the hard way that you do NOT mess with Father's day, or you will have a very sparse rally. Turns out all those Dads and Grand-Dads are NOT free to do as they please on their special day.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I will most definitely be coming for more of the weekend, with an overnight stay this time. Also planning on riding down (trailering his Bandit down from Indianapolis, give me a break!). *Also* I'm hoping to be astride an "OG" GS, a '78 GS750E pending pickup in Kentucky this weekend, to atone for the sin of selling my '79 GS750E right before 2021's meet, leaving myself without a GS to ride (my 1100E front end was apart, and several shaft drive GS projects hadn't even been started).
        Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
        Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Yup...count me in! Can't wait.
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

I should make this happen since the date is little later than normal. Count me in.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I'm curious about the T.R.O. 777 ride.
              It sounds like fun, but limited to seven folks.
              I'm wondering if there are any openings, and if I might be a fit in?
              It would be something I'd consider...
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey Norm, check your inbox. I just sent you a PM
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                  It's something like chasing Brian for 7 days, but the roads are generally two lanes.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Well, if the barn don't burn and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      Norm...it's a lot of fun. Mostly at Robin's expense. Good folks. Some ride fast, some don't. No worries about fitting it. Would be great to spend a week riding with you.
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Screwed up by not going this year, so I'll be there next year.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Well, if the barn don't burn and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.
                          Good !
                          . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wow this is an early notice but yes I should be able to get away from the new business for 4 days and enjoy some riding
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Screwed up by not going this year, so I'll be there next year.
                              Good. Someone needs to bring the interesting whiskey

Comment

Working...
                              X