Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always evolving GS

Before and after
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

All good, I guess. Only problem, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Tail looks odd for Suzuki., none of those 750's or 1100's came with spokes... I dunn'no. Oh yeah... Welcome.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Gotta say i prefer the "after"....except i like spokes.
        Maybe start a thread with a few of the details. What's the front forks from?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Forks are from an SV650.
          I liked the spokes too but it was getting hard to find decent tires for them.

Comment

I think your mods look great!! The 3 spoke rims are sharp looking. My '83 GS750ES will be getting a GS1150 front end, Katana 17" rims, and a pair of 4 pot Tokico calipers, with tapered front fork springs. I have all the parts, just need some where withal. Just got the rims back from bead blasting, gotta get bearings, and all the other little things to switch to 17" 3 spoke rims.
            The 16" front wheels are so limited in choice.

Comment

Nice, Thank you.
              Hers a little more info on my bike.

Bike is actually a 1980 GS1100e.

Engine has Wiseco over bore kit. 1168cc. Web cams, short duration higher lift. It’s been a while and don’t remember the numbers off hand. I degree’d them in with tight lobe centers. Later model GSXR rocker arms. Stainless oversized valves and heavier springs. Top end oiler. Mild porting. Mikuni RS36 carbs. 750 oil pump gears.
              Seat is from 88 Katana 1100
              Complete front end is from 2002 SV650 with heavy Race Tech springs. After market rotors. Bars are actually ATV bars from a blaster. Master cylinder from 97? VFR. GPS speedometer.
              Wheels are 2002 SV650. Stock swingarm. 530 chain 10mm offset front sprocket. Rear sprocket from 2002 Bandit 600 flipped backwards. Rear rotor 1998-06 Katana 750. Caliper and bracket 99-02 SV650 drilled to accept 19mm axle. S-bent stock brake stay to mound under slung caliper. Aftermarket adjustable kickstand. Rattle can paint. Miscellaneous odds and ends. Oh and the tail is from a ‘78 GS 750. Tail light is an aftermarket LED for a Harley. The spokes in the before picture were a stock GS1000 19” rear and an aftermarket 18” front. Think that’s everything. Had the bike since the 90’s. Constantly playing around changing things. I used to be on here with the handle smokestack.

Comment

That bike is smokin'!!

Comment

Be sure to post yours when you’re done. Sound like you got a solid plan.

Comment

Working...
                  X