"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Seems some threads, for example "How fast is is your old GS?​" are locked. I will receive a message "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" at the bottom of the page and there is no selection to add to the thread. It appears the last contribution was this year and it was a long standing thread so I am curious why it's now locked.

I clicked on your link and went straight to the thread.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Yeah works fine, likely on your end
      #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
      #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
      #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
      #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I also had no issues viewing the linked thread.

I’ve never read anything about a minimum post count before access to certain content is permitted, but I suppose that could have been put in place when the site was overhauled a while back. Maybe Don dpep or Frank knows administrator ?
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I've run into that message a couple of times when trying to open a thread from " Notifications ". But if I go to the forum and look it up under the category the thread is in I get access .......
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I can go to the thread too. If I don't log in and view the thread, I do not get that message. If I log in, I see it at the bottom of the screen. Selecting Post Reply when logged in, has no effect. It's unique to certain threads. Obviously this one is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
              Seems some threads, for example "How fast is is your old GS?​" are locked. I will receive a message "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" at the bottom of the page and there is no selection to add to the thread. It appears the last contribution was this year and it was a long standing thread so I am curious why it's now locked.
              yep, i have the same issue. I am logged in.

The "Post Reply" button does nothing, neither does the "quote" option.
              Never seen that before, just on this thread.

Quick Google shows it can be many things, like corruption due to a deleted user id, permissions, plugins, etc.
              Thread was created long time ago and lived through many forum changes, upgrades, etc so could be corruption that has since been solved but remains in the database for these old threads.
              Last edited by Rijko; 05-18-2023, 02:02 PM.
              Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
              VM Carb rebuild tutorial
              Bikecliff's website
              The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                I've run into that message a couple of times when trying to open a thread from " Notifications ". But if I go to the forum and look it up under the category the thread is in I get access .......
                tried that, still seeing that message.
                Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
                VM Carb rebuild tutorial
                Bikecliff's website
                The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Just some members and just some threads? That is always a b!tch to diagnose.

It would help if any members having this problem would make a post on this thread listing the threads they are having an issue with. It would be good to find some sort of pattern to point where to look.

In the meantime I suggest anyone having the problem log on from a different computer or device and/or from a different wifi network if possible. See if that changes anything.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    Same here, sporadic, no obvious pattern except opening from notifications.
                    Right now I get it on the end of ice motorcycles thread when opening from notifications.
                    I can access it through the general discussion section or by searching ICE motorcycles after which the notification message clears.
                    Last edited by Brendan W; 05-18-2023, 06:03 PM.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                      In the meantime I suggest anyone having the problem log on from a different computer or device and/or from a different wifi network if possible. See if that changes anything.
                      Different PC, browser, LAN, no effect. Problem appears unique to some threads. Try to post a test message in that thread I linked in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
                        I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing that...
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing that...
                          Maybe you have to have a fast Suzuki to enter the thread? Trevor and I don't have that problem. Haha!

Good to hear from you Ed, I hope everything is going well with you.
                          Last edited by storm 64; 05-18-2023, 08:15 PM.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I had it happen with a thread I started and deleted minutes later . Even though it was deleted it kept showing up in my notifications for two or three days. And if I clicked on it the same message telling me I wasn't authorized to open it would appear .....
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Since my OP, there has not been a single test post to that thread. I assume it has nothing to do with my side but rather is a problem with the forum.

If someone has access to the owner/mods, maybe bring it to their attention.

Maybe you have to have a fast Suzuki to enter the thread?
                              I have not visited this site in over 10 years and was just having a look to see what has changed.
                              Last edited by joequesmith; 05-19-2023, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X