No announcement yet.

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to test post to the thread and was not able to. Got this error:
    image.png
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      I just tried to test post to the thread and was not able to. Got this error:
      image.png
      Just for giggles I tried the same thing and got the same message ......
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
        If someone has access to the owner/mods, maybe bring it to their attention.
        They're already here - Don's (dpep) a mod.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

When I used VBulletin (I think that' what this forum is based on), I always had errors like this. When I got a DNC attack, I switched to Xenforo, and that took care of that. The next DNS attack messed up part of the forum, like my front page, but did not affect the rest.

I have received that response too, but it only happens from the "Notifications" page. I can navigate and post in the thread if I find it through the search functions, or look it up under ."Recent Posts" drop down.

I don't know if that info helps, though I'd throw it in. I have never received that notification from any other part of the forum.

Comment

Since my OP, there has not been a single test post to that thread.
            good point !
            Several people mention not seeing the error, but they have not posted ... nobody able to do so ?
            Then it might not be user (profile) related.
            Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
            VM Carb rebuild tutorial
            Bikecliff's website
            The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post

They're already here - Don's (dpep) a mod.
              As an admin, I'm surprised they wouldn't have tried first to post to the thread.

Comment

Whatever is causing it it's not always there. I have just accessed the end of ICE bikes thread from notifications. On Thursday I was getting the not authorised message but only for that thread.
                97 R1100R
                Previous
                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                  Whatever is causing it it's not always there. I have just accessed the end of ICE bikes thread from notifications. On Thursday I was getting the not authorised message but only for that thread.
                  Maybe when threads go way off topic, and start heating up, the forum has become semi-sentient and is steering you away from it.

Comment

I have brought it up with Frank and he is looking into it. I have not been able to replicate so we are still looking for a pattern. Continue to report any observations you think might be helpful.
                    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                      I have brought it up with Frank and he is looking into it. I have not been able to replicate so we are still looking for a pattern. Continue to report any observations you think might be helpful.
                      Can you post on the thread ? I can open it but cannot post on it ......
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

As an admin, I'm surprised they wouldn't have tried first to post to the thread.
                        I did and there was no problem. But since moderators have a different set of privileges than other members It really didn't help in the diagnosis and I deleted it. I have a separate plain member sign-in that I use for testing but it seems to have lost some function since I last used it many months ago. I will take everyone's word for it that NO one can enter a post to that thread. Correct?

I just made another post and left it up. Someone maybe check to see it if anything is changed.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Just tried. Got the same error I reported above.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            Well. It looks like I cannot only view the thread but respond as well. Good luck on solving this issue. Needle in a haystack kind of thing.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy, if you posted in this thread:
                              Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

it’s not showing up. Don’s post # 958 is the last one.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Sandy, if you posted in this thread:
                                Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

it’s not showing up. Don’s post # 958 is the last one.
                                Ok. I found an old thread of mine there. When trying to quote myself I first got an "please enter a valid url" error then tried again I got the "not authorized" error. I was however successful at making an edit and saving it.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X