Photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo's

I'm new to this computer stuff, I can't post a photo, I don't even know what a URL is, I do have flicka.

Assuming you mean Flickr, follow the instructions linked on my signature Posting pics. Go to post #6 of that thread.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

What is a URL? AsI said I am not tech savvy.

Comment

A URL is simply the web address. It typically does not display fully until you click on it.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Universal Resource Locator.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I put in flickr on upload from url, all I got was- this is not a valid image file.

Comment

You have to use Flickr from your computer. It doesn't work from a phone .... And here is the procedure ......

1} Click on the photo you want to post and it will be larger in a separate screen .....

2} On the bottom right of the screen you will see several icons . Click on the arrow pointing to the right .....

3} In the new window at the top of the screen you will see four choices . Share, Embed, Email, and BBCode. ...Select BBCode .

4} Select size . You can experiment a bit with that when you post by using the preview option.

5} Left click on the url and it will highlight in blue. Then hit Control-C simultaneously to copy it .

6} Go to the post on GSR you want to show a picture on and left click to get the cursor active and then hit Control -V to paste the photo in your post ......​

7} You're done......
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Did you watch my videos?

Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

That's the problem, I only have an andriod device, ah well! No photo's for GSResources.

Comment

The second video I posted above is on an Android tablet. It's the same procedure using an Android phone.
                    You can use the Flickr App to upload photos to Flickr. But you cannot use the app to get the BBCode.- that is not available in the app.
                    For that you have to open Flickr in full-site mode in a browser on your phone (probably Chrome).
                    I can't teach you how to do that.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Is there a way I can post a photo by useing email?

Comment

​I normally use Flickr but I just tried this method ...... I went into my pictures file on my computer ..... Selected a picture and double clicked on it. Then I right clicked on the picture and selected " resize " and slid the slider until the new picture size was less than 2 mb. Then clicked save and gave it a new name ..... Then opened that picture and right clicked and select copy ..... Then back to this post and control V to paste it .... Worked fine as you can see below ......

red and black Aprilia.jpg​​
                        Attached Files
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Jinks View Post
                          Is there a way I can post a photo by useing email?
                          No.

BCCAP’s method works if you’re at a PC and can simply resize your image as he did. On a mobile device, the only way I’ve found to resize an image below 2 MB is with a third part app. Plenty free ones in the App Store. I just downloaded one to try. With this method, you are limited to one pic per post, I think. This is the result.
                          image.jpg

I’m not real pleased with the image quality with the method above.
                          I prefer the quality of the image as hosted at full size in Imgur. BBode posted below.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-07-2024, 12:08 AM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                          X