• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Oh boy...

...sick/twisted = LBGTS??

Gay, Lesbian and Pedophiles are all in the same subset of "those people?"

They're purt near as bad as those foul abhominations that run around removing valve shims with zip ties.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      They're purt near as bad as those foul abhominations that run around removing valve shims with zip ties.
      Ooo dang, now that's bad.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        Ok, I'm a perv. I admit it. But have you seen the way a re-usable tie glistens invitingly in the early morning sunshine just lies there, waiting to be pressed into service? I have and I'm here to tell you, it takes a stronger man than me to resist the siren allure of their shiny little teeth, waiting to grip onto the nearest bundle of wires.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Yup Allie, just want it out of my sight really

Thanks guys... guess I'll just have the access removed.

The biggest issue for me these days is time... I get about 30 minutes in the morning to spread between the GSR and Katana Australia forums so clicking New Posts and having 4+ pages to scroll through to look for technical stuff takes time... and these days it's getting towards half/half technical and off topic...

As for no likey no clickey, always do that anyway...
          There is no other way to avoid the shytte contained there.

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
          Some of the off topic pollution tends to point out just how deprived some of those posters are. Just look at all of the sick/twisted topics that far too many of them enjoy:
          Pedophiles, LBGTS,underage sex, etc. There MUST be some pretty sick persons on that realm of the forum. Aren't there plenty of Gay, Lesbian, Pedophile sites for those people????
          Just how many of them SHOULD BE on some kind of watch list or should be reporting to the authorities on a regular basis?
          Well. I wouldn't have said it that way but the sentiment is right.
          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Does this forum not have any moderators at all? I used to think there were one or two that just mostly stayed out of the way but the fact that this thread is still sitting in the public area seems to imply that nobody is at the wheel of this site anymore.

While a great amount of tolerance is shown in this forums, you are not free to say anything you want, particularly when it comes at the expense of others. The expectation is that that people remain civil and refrain from abusive behavior. Trolling with the intention of inciting trouble is also not allowed.
            Preaching, trolling, flame wars, personal attacks, racial bigotry or off-color jokes and will not be tolerated!
            You are expected to conduct yourself in a civil manner. First time violators will be given a 10 day ban from the forum and second time violators will be permanently banned.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I'll just follow up and say thanks to our friendly and very helpful admin Frank, off topic no longer clogs up my New Posts list

Thanks again Frank!
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I'll be next to ask for this and glad it can be done. OT is cool when I want to check it out but I log on for the motorcycle discussion and questions.
                Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

I'll just follow up and say thanks to our friendly and very helpful admin Frank, off topic no longer clogs up my New Posts list

Thanks again Frank!
                  Am I reading this right? Your still have access to OT, but it doesn't appear in "new posts"?
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Nope... no way to do that without having access to it removed completely, so I can't read them at all now... that's fine by me though

sigpic

Comment

You're not missing anything.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks again Frank!
                        I asked to be removed from off topic also. It made checking the new posts so much faster to browse. I highly recommend it. Dar

Comment

Yes new posts is soooo much quicker now which is exactly what I was looking for!

sigpic

Comment

When this new format was initiated I had all those new posts, as well.

That got resolved when I looked at the top of the page and clicked on forum. (the box beside new posts)

Since then, I have not seen the new posts list and I just choose what topic/forum part I want to read.
                            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

I never get any new posts notification. I open the forum I want to read and scan the new post icons in whatever forum picked. If I don't feel like off topic, I don't open that forum. I don't see the problem, but maybe my computer is set up differently than usual.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I got the feeling that the off topic area is more or less the most frequented area around here. Which is quite remarkable on a bike related forum. It always used to keep me from visiting this site as often as I use to visit others. Just to much ballast to filter through. My suggest would be: make the Off Topic area a restricted section in the first place -admission on application, like the Bible Study Group - and kill two birds which one stone: Clear up the forum plus avoid trouble by offensive irrelevant posts. Dunno how internet laws are in America, but on my side of the pond the keeper of a website is responsible for what's been posted and therefore has to keep an eye on the content. Keepin' it dark in a closed section might be the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X