No announcement yet.

Today is the worst day in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact a disability attorney and see if Bob can receive your mother's benefits - they may allow him to receive them for a certain time. I don't know, but it would not hurt to try.

Comment

our thoughts our with you.
      +max
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Josh, my condolences also

I was a bit taken aback as your mom was younger than me.

Guess I'd better schedule that check up I've been putting off
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          How true. Just look at the locations in the last five posts:
          Ontario, Canada
          British Columbia, Canada
          New Hampshire, USA
          South Africa
          Japan.

'nuff said.

Add to that New Zealand

Sincere condolences from the south pacific. Lost my mum 19 years ago (14th Sept will be the aniversary) She was a similar age to your mum too. I know how you feel mate!! you will miss her BUT you will always have her with you too. Best wishes
          Bill Alexander
          New Zealand
          78 GS1000 - Red
          02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

Just checked the GSR for the first time in a few days, only to see the tragic news.

Sincere condolences my friend.

The members here are special group of people as you know, and their love and support will help carry you thru these sorrowful times.

-greg
            Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Awe Geeze Josh....I am so sorry. My mom was my closest friend and political supporter. She died mysteriously in the hospital (fell and hit her head) one night...and I was sleeping in the waiting room right down the hall. I sued, but, they said she wasn't worth much because of her age! NOT!

Ain't no use in "what-if-ing"... I tried that for a longtime. Even tho your mom is younger than me....I guess when it's your time...it's your time... Ever think that at least she is safe from whatever is to come of this country? I do with my mom. I swear this economy and gvmt. actions, would have killed her. I am glad my mom doesn't have to physically face what's to come...You know I still pick up the phone to call her sometimes...and she's been dead over 10 yrs. It hit me real hard too. I was the one who took care of her, my brother & sister lived out of state.

Your GSR family is right. YES, YOU CAN TALK TO HER!!!...and if you sit still long enough, you can figure out what she would have said....I heard that if you cry too much you can keep her spirit here....Let her go to God and not worry about you. I love you and Rose too....
              pmint

Comment

So sorry to hear of this my friend. Death is seldom timely and when it appears to come out of the blue like this it is doubly hard. I feel your pain as my mother went in somewhat similar circumstances. Had a lovely dinner party with her one night and was planning a holiday back to the old home land. Next morning she didn't wake. Blew me to hell for a long while.

I'm glad that you were able to get a little closer to her and I'm sure it would have been a comfort to her.

Don't beat yourself up about the whys and wherefors. It might help to know but for now you need to concentrate on getting through this with your family.....and you will get through it.

My condolences to you all.

Spyug

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Josh. Been there, done that with my Dad earlier this year.

I'm glad that the GSR family could be here for you, and honored and humbled that you entrusted us with your feelings. Take care of yourself and your family, but please stop in and let us know how you're doing when you can.

And do whatever Rose tells you to... I think she'll take good care of you.
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                    I tried to imagine my mom watching over me .. imagined she would be encouraging me to get on with my life as soon as I could ..
                    Boy does that hit close to home. My mom passed three days before Christmas. The funeral was a day or two after Christmas. It was a cold, icy day. During the church service there was a clap of thunder. We just don't get icy weather and thunder in this part of the country, ever. Then at the cemetery sleet really started coming down hard after the graveside service. It was as if my mom was telling us to leave the cemetery and get on with our lives. We grew up dirt poor but she never failed to put her kids welfare ahead of everything else in her life.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

Comment

Josh, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Know that God, Rose, your real family and your GSR family are standing by you to help in any way we can, even if it is just a shoulder to lean on. God bless!

-- Frank --

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            I'm sorry to hear this Josh. My mom and I don't talk to each other (my choice) and even with as much as I like it that way I'm not sure what will happen when I get that call from my brother (she's got ALOT of health problems).

Just try to stay strong and know that Rose and all of us here are there for you.
                            Brother, I don't know you or anything about your personal life at all. I am not trying to stick my nose into your life.

That having been said, you should mend your relationship with your mother. Trust me, you will be sorry if you don't before she leaves this life.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                              Brother, I don't know you or anything about your personal life at all. I am not trying to stick my nose into your life.

That having been said, you should mend your relationship with your mother. Trust me, you will be sorry if you don't before she leaves this life.
                              JJ, thank you for caring enough to say that but there have been too many things over the years since I was a kid that made it very hard. I even tried when my daughter was born 9 years ago. Unfortunately, it just wasn't to be and her selfish actions during that time really just killed it for me. I don't keep my daughter from talking to her grandmother but I won't go out of my way to have a relationship there anymore.

But, back to Josh. I meant to add to my statement when someone else said to talk to her. When my dad died two months after I turned 21, I used to go up to the mountains here in CO (I was stationed here at Peterson at the time) and just sit on a rock next to this one creek after dark. I'd take the 10 or 15 minutes I sat there to talk to him and tell him what was going on and how things were going for me. I'm not sure he really ever heard me but in some ways I think it helped. I don't know if you have anywhere you can do that but it might be an option for you. I know you and Rose are strong and please don't think I'm advocating you not talking to her but sometimes it's a way to help you out as well.

Again, take care and know we're here.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I'm so sorry about your mom. She's younger than mine, and recently we haven't had the best relationship. I think I'm riding over to her house tomorrow and see her. Life is fleeting, and precious.

I admire your strength to write what you did. I don't know that I could have done that.

Comment

Working...
                                X