Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's still around? Howdy!

Hey y'all!

I haven't been around for a few years, wondering who might still be around and if you still have the same username?

I've been away for some years but now that my 21yr old daughter's boyfriend has a bike I helped him fix up, I want to get the old GS1100GK painted, tuned and fixed up, and 3D print some parts for the fairing and such.

It's been a long time since Josh and Rose's wedding, our first rally. LOL.

JC

Was wondering what year that Red River Rally was.

Found this

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
    Here are a couple of pics from my very first rally. Red River 2010

And 2 of the coolest people I know tying the knot.

Josh (and Rose) have not been around in years.

I see Brett Griffin standing there with them. He is still around, doesnt post much, but was at recent Brown County rally.

I see Steve Steve there on right with camera. He is still around, doesnt post at all, but was at recent Brown County Rally.

CAnt ID anybody else in these pics.
    Last edited by Redman; 07-03-2022, 08:43 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I am still here and I was there, same user name, different bike these days.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

There are some familiar faces and names. Good to hear

Comment

Kicking up an old thread here. I never made one of the Red River rallies. Used to go to the Brown Country Rally and the SE rally in Robbinsville. Old user name was DMPlatt. lol
          I was wondering if anyone might still have the maps for the RR rally? A couple friends and I might take a run down there one of these days.
          My old GS750 is long gone. After I sold my beloved 2002 ZZR 1200 several years ago, I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. lol Been thru a Concours 14, an FJ-09 and now riding an FJR 1300. Might keep this one for a while. We'll see. Good chatting.
          1983 GS750 E - gone forever
          Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
          1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
          2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
          2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

Comment

Originally posted by ratatouille View Post
            Kicking up an old thread here. I never made one of the Red River rallies. Used to go to the Brown Country Rally and the SE rally in Robbinsville. Old user name was DMPlatt. lol
            I was wondering if anyone might still have the maps for the RR rally? A couple friends and I might take a run down there one of these days.
            My old GS750 is long gone. After I sold my beloved 2002 ZZR 1200 several years ago, I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. lol Been thru a Concours 14, an FJ-09 and now riding an FJR 1300. Might keep this one for a while. We'll see. Good chatting.
            Hi Dave. I didn't know it was you. I see you actually have been occasionally popping in for near 7 yrs now but I will say welcome back anyway. Good to hear you are still on two wheels and vertical.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post

Hi Dave. I didn't know it was you. I see you actually have been occasionally popping in for near 7 yrs now but I will say welcome back anyway. Good to hear you are still on two wheels and vertical.
              Hey Don!!! Good to hear from you as well. Yeah, been sorta lurking on here from time to time. Life got busy, kids got older, got lots of grandkids now. Ha ha, so don't make any rallies any more. But, would like to see some familiar faces again one of these days. You still living the dream in the sunshine?
              1983 GS750 E - gone forever
              Yamaha FJ-09 - My retirement Bike (For when I retire)
              1996 Honda XR-600R - a Man's bike
              2007 Suzuki DR 200SE - Oh Yeah
              2005 Yamaha TR125 - Little Man's bike

Comment

Still poking around. Member since the mid 90s when GSR was a bulletin board format.
                EULC ON

Comment

I was kinda wondering what happened to BassCliff. He used to be a prolific poster didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by JMHJ View Post
                    I was kinda wondering what happened to BassCliff. He used to be a prolific poster didn't he?
                    He got into playing music at Disneyland and elsewhere, took up all of his riding time. He retired last year and relocated to Wisconsin to be near his Grandkids. He is still kicking and has been shoveling a LOT of snow.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

He retired last year and relocated to Wisconsin to be near his Grandkids.
                      WI ? Where at in WI ?.......

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Brookfield-Wisconsin Per his Facebook profile.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

That's nice to know, thanks. Bought my first upgrade bike ('83 750T, after doing a 450L for 8 years) out of Madison back in '05.

Comment

Still here I haven’t had a GS in awhile though
                            2010 Honda VFR1200F
                            1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                            Being Revisited
                            1981 Honda CM400T
                            http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by JMHJ View Post
                              That's nice to know, thanks. Bought my first upgrade bike ('83 750T, after doing a 450L for 8 years) out of Madison back in '05.
                              I have NOS parts if you are ever interested as well as used.

2010 Honda VFR1200F
                              1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                              Being Revisited
                              1981 Honda CM400T
                              http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Working...
                              X