No announcement yet.

I went to the dark side… sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender sent for repaint? yep, the paint vibrates off them pretty regularly... OOhh, that last picture looks like the air leaked out of the rear tire, usually it's the oil from the eng....Dang it. I gott'a quit this stuff... Congrats man, seems you're getting it sorted. Proud for ya, and hoping it's all you're expecting it to be... I promise, no more Harley jokes... in this thread.
    Last edited by rphillips; 09-06-2022, 01:02 PM.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Lol yeah believe me I was waiting for the jokes. I’m not a Harley guy either but it was cheaper and easier to find than a GS in my area.
      2010 Honda VFR1200F
      1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
      Being Revisited
      1981 Honda CM400T
      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

I worked at Boeing for 25 years. One of the fellows in the work cell had purchased a brand new Electra glide, and brought it to work for the first time to show it off. I slipped out of the area and got with one of the cooks in the cafeteria and came away with a flat roasting pan and about a cup of fry oil. Placed the pan under the Hardly and poured in the oil, then went back to work. The break bell tolled and Ray gathered us all up to show off his new ride. Well the bike lot is just outside the cafeteria break area. Out we go and Ray comes to a screeching stop and jaw drops. He’d seen the pan and oil and was grabbing for his phone to call the tow, just shaking his head. We didn’t let him make the call, everybody had a good laugh, including Ray.

About a month later it started leaking…….there is a god.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

There is so much ignorance about modern Harleys here. I suppose it's not surprising coming from a bunch of guys who love old Suzukis. Seriously, though, modern EVO motors are bulletproof, don't leak, parts are plentiful and available anywhere you go, and the bikes are easy to work on when you want to modify them. The rubbermounts don't vibrate once you are rolling, and they can rack up 100,000 miles with normal maintenance without requiring a rebuild.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

That seat is...not to my liking. My Sportster came with a 'solo' seat that reminded me of an Electroglide. I replaced it with the best available from the HD accessories catalogue. Leather, 2-up, gorgeous!

Your Imgur link shows 3 pics, first one unpainted. Which is yours?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I promised, no more jokes... No ignorance, do know yes, these newer ones are ahead of the old ones that only stopped leaking oil when the crankcase got to empty... That's no joke.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                That seat is...not to my liking. My Sportster came with a 'solo' seat that reminded me of an Electroglide. I replaced it with the best available from the HD accessories catalogue. Leather, 2-up, gorgeous!

Your Imgur link shows 3 pics, first one unpainted. Which is yours?
                They are all the same bike. The previous owner sprayed the entire bike with Plastidip. It was orange underneath.

Oh and it also came with a factory 2 up seat
                2010 Honda VFR1200F
                1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                Being Revisited
                1981 Honda CM400T
                http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post

Actually it was parked because the fork seals were blown and the drain tube for the oil tank was leaking. The owner died about a year ago…
                  The oil drain tube is a common part to replace every couple of years, but I think the Sportster has to be the easiest bike on the planet to do an oil and filter on.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
                    That is a sharp colorway.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

My story occurred 20+ years ago by the way.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

No doubt things have changed a lot in those 20 yrs. I remember vividly back in my earlier riding days, if we saw a group of 8 or 10 Harleys out riding, most of the time there was either a van or auto with trailer following them... I haven't noticed seeing that in a long time.

Comment

Nice progres.. looks like its going to be a fun ride. Congrats and enjoy.
                          One thing I'll never understand is the many H-D owner's obsession with skulls.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Nice progres.. looks like its going to be a fun ride. Congrats and enjoy.
                            One thing I'll never understand is the many H-D owner's obsession with skulls.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Congratulations. Have you selected your Get Back Whip yet?

Comment

Interesting quick read. Here in the east we have a good number of cemeteries dating to pre revolutionary times. Ive seen lots of the winged skulls on top of old headstones. I always found them interesting.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X