I went to the dark side… sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    One thing I'll never understand is the many H-D owner's obsession with skulls.
    Not just H-D, my XS came with skull indicators and a tombstone tail light. They got tossed in the bin fairly sharpish.
    Load of nonsense I don't want on my ride.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I think I’m going to have my XS650. Too many bikes and too little time.
      2010 Honda VFR1200F
      1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
      Being Revisited
      1981 Honda CM400T
      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Maltese crosses are also prominent for the Harleys, is there a meaning for that.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Do you mean the Iron Cross? Yeah, there is a meaning to that. Probably not a good one.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            Maltese crosses are also prominent for the Harleys, is there a meaning for that.

2010 Honda VFR1200F
            Being Revisited
            1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Yep, a lot to read about them, but wanted to know how they got on Harleys a lot? Mirrors, tail lights, etc.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                Yep, a lot to read about them, but wanted to know how they got on Harleys a lot? Mirrors, tail lights, etc.
                How the Iron Cross Became Bikers’ Symbol

In the late 1940’s and early 1950’s, crowds of young people who returned to the United States after the Second World War were extremely disappointed with what they found at home. Puritan customs, commercial spirit and the general ostentatious hypocrisy of ordinary Americans did not cohere with the notion of the great American dream, which was defended by former soldiers. Many of these people could not find themselves in a society that was alien to them. Some of those individuals saddled motorcycles, dressed in black leather and started decorating their steel horses with trophy swastikas and iron crosses as a protest against the government. Soon they began to unite in motorcycle clubs and live by the old front principles. Since then, the Iron Cross has taken a new place in history. It became one of the main symbols of bikers and motorcycle customizers around the world. You can find crosses in many elements of biker culture, from the colors to cross rings, pendants and other jewelry. Today The Iron Cross personifies itself as belonging to the world of choppers, to the world of independence and freedom.

Comment

You make it sound like a lot of people..
                  "In the late 1940’s and early 1950’s, crowds of young people who returned to the United States after the Second World War were extremely disappointed with what they found at home.
                  'though I'm from afar in Canada, or because I have never met a Veteran of WW2 or WW1 (including Germans) who badged a skull or the German Cross so I'd think it was a very small "crowd" of veterans plastering themselves with the symbols of the enemy they had just fought.
                  Symbols of intimidation is what they are even if the wannabes or "stylers' don't appreciate the symbolisms.
                  * (skulls were the cap-badge of the nazi SS)

Comment

After draining the tank, doing an evaporust treatment, changing the fuel pump, oil/filter, plugs and battery… she fired right up. And then I promptly shut it down because my ears were bleeding.

Time to pack some baffles and install them.

Replacement fenders went off to paint today.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like navib13.
                    Last edited by cloudbreakmd; 09-19-2022, 04:05 PM.
                    2010 Honda VFR1200F
                    Being Revisited
                    1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Hard to imagine that paint job was covered with flat black Plasti Dip... Maybe he was drunk when he did it... I hope he was... Looks like you got her slicked up pretty good, You figured if you gonn'a to ride it or flip it... Maybe ride it a while then decide... Nice work, congrats.

Comment

Working...
                      X