Friday afternoon safety meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday afternoon safety meeting.

It's been a great summer here in Victoria....my Friday afternoon safety meetings have been well attended and always a unique collection of bikes....

No signature

That's an understatement. The Horton? Wow! And that 14R looks slightly modified. I wonder if it's into the eights yet in the quarter mile. Safely, of course.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

? The flag on the front of your meeting space is that a first nations thing?
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        ? The flag on the front of your meeting space is that a first nations thing?
        Yes it is.....
        No signature

Comment

Friday safety meeting??? Do ya'll do this every week?? Such a group...Congrats.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            Friday safety meeting??? Do ya'll do this every week?? Such a group...Congrats.
            Yep, every Friday starting at 3pm....been doing it for 6 or so years....it's a thing from growing up in Ontario where we would have "meetings" in someone's garage on Thursdays.
            Guys love having a place to hang out for a couple of hours to talk bikes and other BS
            No signature

Comment

Another good meeting yesterday...My buddy Scott stopped by in his Zombie Response Unit bus....lol...he does bike tours with it..taking people to Moab, Baha etc...and Nancy my 70 year old awesome friend stopped by in her cool Vette...she also rides a 1st gen Busa

No signature

Comment

Whose Zombie Response Unit bus? Tell us more.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  Whose Zombie Response Unit bus? Tell us more.
                  It's owned by a buddy that used to own a bike shop....he made the bus to do trips to Baja and Moab etc to go dual sporting...it was a business for him....buy a ticket on the bus with your bike....he also would bring it to local supermoto races....quite the unit
                  No signature

Comment

1st gen Busa? It only went 194 mph box stock!
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I love the Honda CB750f in your Sept 17th set of pictures. Many fond memories and I wish I still had mine. But it was the bike I traded in to buy my first GS, a 1980 850 I kept for 37 years.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        1st gen Busa? It only went 194 mph box stock!
                        Here is Hayabusa Nancy with Wes Cooley at my Wes party 5 years ago....and here bike....she told me a couple of weeks ago after wanting me to take it out for a spin as she's starting to loose some confidence that she has put in her will that she's leaving the bike to me...in fact she said she would likely give it to me sooner as she won't be riding it....made me cry. It's special bike....carbon fibre rims etc....

No signature

Comment

Exhaust is modified (right?), and it didn't come with carbon fiber wheels (did it?). I'm guessing it'll go north of 200 - the double buck! Is it a '94?

Now THAT'S a safety meeting!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Exhaust is modified (right?), and it didn't come with carbon fiber wheels (did it?). I'm guessing it'll go north of 200 - the double buck! Is it a '94?

Now THAT'S a safety meeting!
                            Full Yosh exhaust, wheels are after market ($4,500) and it's a 1999...first gen. I rode with her many times and it's hilarious to watch the reaction from other bikers when we pull into a coffee shop...everyone is always gawking at her bike and when she takes off her helmet...well it's priceless...lol
                            No signature

Comment

I'm gawking from across a continent!

Comment

Working...
                              X