No announcement yet.

No Nascar fans???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a track day out at Fontana years ago. It was fun.. for a day. You basically keep going faster & faster.. get as close to the wall as you can.

I like real track stuff better though. I imagine real Nascar races are more exciting to drive with the change for "rubbing" etc.

I read Jenson Button is going to the dark side for some races this year..... https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...cota/10441873/
    Last edited by salty_monk; 03-13-2023, 04:17 PM.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I've never thought NASCAR should be on road courses. That's not what NASCAR was ever supposed to be, though the bosses keep inserting more and more into the schedule. They've had 2 for yrs., I think up to 6 this year.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        I've never thought NASCAR should be on road courses. That's not what NASCAR was ever supposed to be, though the bosses keep inserting more and more into the schedule. They've had 2 for yrs., I think up to 6 this year.
        Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttt.....
        Wasn't NASCAR's roots founded in moonshiners running backwoods mountain roads? And aren't backwoods mountain roads curvy? I think NASCAR should have never been on an oval, unless the revenuers were chasin' the moonshiners around and around the town square.
        Last edited by Baatfam; 03-13-2023, 08:06 PM.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If this thread was the deciding threshold on whether NASCAR should continue or not, NASCAR would end, tomorrow, meaning today, as there would be no races tomorrow. With today's technology, they could have these cars running down back roads, with cameras and drones following every move. It would be a new sport, reflecting the heritage of it's roots. They should be made to run on Moonshine though, much better for the environment, and you mix up the left overs for one heluva part afterwards.

Comment

Anybody have an opinion on Danica Patrick being added to the broadcast?
            I thought at times she was saying things and making comments just to be contradictory or controversial.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Moonshiners started building faster cars to outrun the revenuers on all roads. Then they brought those hot rods off the roads & on to tracks where they turn left. To have a competitive road course car, it's got to be another car, lower budget teams try to adapt short track cars but they're never competitive. And yes, many still bring plenty of alcohol with them to the tracks. Danica is no better in the press box than she was in a stock car. I wondered why she didn't stay in the open wheel cars where she was competitive & have been told she made waaay more money running middle of the pack in Nascar than she made running up front in the open wheels. Don't seem right, just what I was told.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

This years first Indy race was pretty exciting.

Comment

I went to an Indy car race at Nashville Superspeedway, a few yrs. ago. It didn't take long to see why I never watch them.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Anybody have an opinion on Danica Patrick being added to the broadcast?
                    Nope, not really...LOL

Screenshot_20230314_100609_Google.jpg

Comment

No doubt, a lot more impressive to Look at than listen to.

Comment

We've got an action filled Sunday, rphillips...

At 1pm, we have Formula 1 on ESPN, and after that, NACAR on Fox....(Watching Formula 2 right now)

Just for fun, (and since it is cold outside), you should check out the F1 race.
                        Forget everything you've seen or heard about it in the last 20, or even 10 years ago.
                        It's changed a bunch.

Also, four tire pits stops under 3 seconds. Yes they do...

Comment

Will Do, heading for church right now but have F1 recording. I'll give it a look. Hey, Nascar has finally got on the right track. Both, good racing, were the best I've seen this yr.... Hoping it keeps it up today.

Comment

Well, watched probably 30 to 40 min. of F1's, hoping maybe I'd see something I'd be excited about. But my opinion hasn't seemed to have changed. Biggest change I've noticed is they now have little front fenders, I'm sure there are many more changes that people who watch F1 will see right off. Then Nascar is trying to be more like the open wheel cars, they have gone to 1 lug nut (unlike any stock cars) they have gone to non metal bodies (unlike most stock cars) they have started doing way more road courses (from 2 up to now 6), though I thought 2 was way too many, and they're talking about doing away with the fuel cans. I can't help myself, watching the side-by-side racing in cars that still resemble a stock shaped car, instead of over sized go Karts, is what's in me. Did you see when everybody thought Chastain bumped & wrecked Harvick but really he just got loose and lost it himself? Even the announcers got it wrong. By far the best wk. of Nascar this year. Still wondering why the inside line just couldn't seem to keep organized, when they could they were as fast or faster than the outside line. Not looking forward to next wk. when they go both left and right!!!

Comment

Well, watching the trucks turning both left & right, not much excitement so far. 2nd place car is 5 sec. back, 3rd is 15 sec back & 4th is 27 sec. behind the leader... not much racing. One did get stuck in a gravel trap, and needed to get pulled out cable & wrecker. Trying to get accustomed to the road race tracks as the ovals, that have worked great since 1949, are gradually being fazed out... Hoping for better racing later today (Xfinity cars) or tomorrow (cup cars), but not expecting that to happen... Next 3 wks. = Richmond Va., Bristol Tn., and Martinsville Va... now those should be exciting.... Now on last lap, 2nd is 6 sec. back, 3rd is 8.9 sec back, 4th is 12.4 sec back and 5 is 19.5 sec back, blahhhh. Maybe those 4 or 5 "U" turns is what got them so scattered out.
                              Last edited by rphillips; 03-25-2023, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                                Well, watched probably 30 to 40 min. of F1's, hoping maybe I'd see something I'd be excited about. But my opinion hasn't seemed to have changed. Biggest change I've noticed is they now have little front fenders, I'm sure there are many more changes that people who watch F1 will see right off. Then Nascar is trying to be more like the open wheel cars, they have gone to 1 lug nut (unlike any stock cars) they have gone to non metal bodies (unlike most stock cars) they have started doing way more road courses (from 2 up to now 6), though I thought 2 was way too many, and they're talking about doing away with the fuel cans. I can't help myself, watching the side-by-side racing in cars that still resemble a stock shaped car, instead of over sized go Karts, is what's in me. Did you see when everybody thought Chastain bumped & wrecked Harvick but really he just got loose and lost it himself? Even the announcers got it wrong. By far the best wk. of Nascar this year. Still wondering why the inside line just couldn't seem to keep organized, when they could they were as fast or faster than the outside line. Not looking forward to next wk. when they go both left and right!!!
                                Well, at least you gave it a go....
                                We thought it was pretty exciting, with two of the best drivers starting near the back. And the third place guy is the oldest one there, in his 22nd season, which is pretty neat for us old guys. One of the things I think always make racing more interesting, is when you know the players.

We did watch part of the NASCAR race last week, saw the first stage, and the end of the second, but it was kinda like looking at I-40 east on a Friday afternoon. But seriously, I'll watch anything involving racing, bikes, cars, sailboats (SailG GP is very cool), drag strip, oval, road course or whatever. But NASCR is really pushing me away with the whole stages thing.

Anyway, no F1 today....I'll be watching the Moto GP and the NASCAR road course. But next week F1 in Australia. Racing starts at 1am Eastern. (Also a tape delay mid morning)

Happy motoring...

Comment

Working...
                                X