Befuddled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
    Big different in Vets & Vets pricing. I've always wondered why they seem to always charge way more for working on house pets (dogs & cats) than on large animal (cows & horses). Brother had vet come to farm (house call) & help him pulling a calf, bill $400. Wife took her dog (no house call) to Vet. office, 3 shots & 1/2 case dog food bill right at $400.
    All creatures great and small a TV show 40 plus years ago had an old vet say to a Young one.
    there's a big future in cats and dogs. Paraphrased sorry.
    was set in the 1920s

farm animals get destroyed on the basis of reason. Pets are often treated better than people.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

All creatures great and small a TV show 40 plus years ago had an old vet say to a Young one.
      there's a big future in cats and dogs. Paraphrased sorry.
      was set in the 1920s
      Para Handy observed there was a big future in pensioners, just about 1910 or so.

---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Tugging the heart strings and playing on emotions. That's all it is.

Had a heart to heart talk to my children recently about my death and the cost's associated with it. Told them to buy the least expensive coffin money can buy and burn me. Use the money saved, the Vulture undertakers would want them to pay for a coffin, and spend it on something they want or would like.

Contemplating building my own coffin
        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
        Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

Had a heart to heart talk to my children recently about my death and the cost's associated with it. Told them to buy the least expensive coffin money can buy and burn me. Use the money saved, the Vulture undertakers would want them to pay for a coffin, and spend it on something they want or would like.

Not sure how things work where you are but the state of Michigan allows a person to donate any usable body parts or even your entire body upon your death by doing nothing more than making that pledge and having it attached to your drivers license or state ID card. That's what I've done although you can be sure there'll be a parasite or two somewhere in the process wanting to make a few dollars. Still though, for a cheapskate like me it's a good deal.

"If it weren't so expense I'd wish I where dead" John Prine
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

A GS gas tank as an urn.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

A GS gas tank as an urn.
              No urn for me! Put a spear in my hand, a rocket in my butt, aim me at Ron DeSantis, and light the fuse. LOL
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

No urn for me! Put a spear in my hand, a rocket in my butt, aim me at Ron DeSantis, and light the fuse. LOL
                Just don't say, well, you know what as you approach the target. Bombs away!!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A GS gas tank as an urn.
                  Not bad at all. My Son's response was to get a nice urn to put my ashes in. That would be something quirky but tasteful. Don't think his partner will like the idea of a GS tank on the mantle though
                  Last edited by 650Skull; 03-21-2023, 09:10 PM.
                  82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                  Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                  Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                  Albums

Comment

I told my wife to use a Hefty Cinch Sack, and find a ditch somewhere, in New England.

Comment

Working...
                    X