Nightly news pushing medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

I haven't eaten at Arby's in probably 25+ years. In the same timeline, it does remind me of my last venture into an Outback Steakhouse. (think flame grilled steaks) I had ordered my steak and when it was served, it looked unusually thick. On examination, they had cooked two that were stuck together. I pried them apart and what do ya know, there were grilll marks on the sides that were together.
    This, uh, went to a weird place...
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I haven't eaten at Arby's in probably 25+ years. In the same timeline, it does remind me of my last venture into an Outback Steakhouse. (think flame grilled steaks) I had ordered my steak and when it was served, it looked unusually thick. On examination, they had cooked two that were stuck together. I pried them apart and what do ya know, there were grilll marks on the sides that were together.
      I like that one, Earl!!

You reminded me of a visit to a once-popular steak house in Toronto, one of a chain of them. It was also about 25 years ago..

I ordered it "rare" and it came so overcooked it was black right through.

Meanwhile my then-wife got hers and was eating it.

The second one to arrive was also way overcooked.,,,,and went back.

When my third one came to the table my ex was almost done.

No matter how well it was cooked, I just could not cut the meat at all.

The manager /owner came over and complained that she was losing money because I kept complaining.
      I told her and showed her how tough this meat was. She said quite bluntly that she would cut it for me. I offered her the knife and fork and she began her efforts.
      She pressed and pushed on the knife as hard as she could. Se tried so hard that the veins popped out across her hand while her finger and the knuckles went white.
      It was all for naught, as the meat proved it had greater determination and won the battle. .

Faced with this embarrassment she said she would get another one for me, but she would cook it herself.

It was OK...but by then my ex had finished, and I had to eat alone..
      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

It Blood glue, and it's approved by the FDA! There was a big story about top tier restaurants using this stuff, some people sued. The restaurants fessed up, but showed that the blood glue is FDA approved. They did this to take quality small pieces, and "glue" them together, that's fraud. From what I understand, in N.Y.C., they have to tell you or put it in the menu.

Imagine you go into the hospital, and come out with someone else's foot, glued on by Gubment for human corporeal use. Actually, if viable in humans, and made from your own blood, it could prove useful. I wouldn't want to eat it, but some cannibal might send you back to the chef.

Arbies Roast Beef is glued together.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
          Arbies Roast Beef is glued together.
          Not a problem for me. I don't go to the 40 billion served arches, six survivors place anymore either. lol
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I can't eat any of that stuff. "Shake Shack" makes a good burger, but with 2 people, a double Bacon Cheeseburger and two shakes is a bit over $70 dollars. I can make one heck of a pile of burgers for $70 dollars, 3 different cuts, some Bacon ground in, and a few spices.

Comment

I can't eat any of that stuff. "Shake Shack" makes a good burger, but with 2 people, a double Bacon Cheeseburger and two shakes is a bit over $70 dollars. I can make one heck of a pile of burgers for $70 dollars, 3 different cuts, some Bacon ground in, and a few spices.
              $35.00 for a cheeseburger and a shake? Wow, I know I stopped the fast food places a long time ago, but I didn't realize just how long ago that has to be The last burger I bought I think was about $6.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Saltburgers!
                . .
                He put salt into the meat before refrigerating it, rolled them top and bottom plus the the edges in salt before cooking, then put salt on both sides of the tomato and salt on both sides of the onion.
                Commercial mustards all have salt in them and while he did not specify it, it seems safe to presume he used salted butter..

Too much salt for my taste.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

He's British. I spent 2.5 months there, they are salt crazy. The mixture of meats. That may not have been the video I intended, my bad. I never add salt to anything, well, very little, it seems to be in everything already.

I made a variation of this burger from YouTube, it came out really good.

Comment

$35.00 for a cheeseburger and a shake? Wow, I know I stopped the fast food places a long time ago, but I didn't realize just how long ago that has to be The last burger I bought I think was about $6.
                    "Shake Shack" had just opened up their 1st restaurant in the area. They have a drive up window, but you have to order through their app first. They will not take orders at the windows!!. You have to go inside otherwise. They are extremely overpriced, but the burgers are delicious, I mean, some of the best. Waaay too expensive though. I've gone their twice, I won't be returning. I was treated the 2nd time by my Godson who wanted to go, I didn't, he said he would pay, free meal, why not. He enjoyed it immensely, but agreed, it was too expensive, and $6 bucks for a Strawberry Milkshake, that tasted like a Strawberry Milkshake, what's up with that.

Supposedly the winds from Canada are supposed to blow this way again, but they haven't. Fingers crossed.

Did you see this box fan on top of 4 furnace filters to filter smoke out of a room? Cheap to build, supposed to be effective. I may build one if it happens again. The Rosenthal Filter Concept

Comment

He's British. I spent 2.5 months there, they are salt crazy. The mixture of meats. That may not have been the video I intended, my bad. I never add salt to anything, well, very little, it seems to be in everything already.

I made a variation of this burger from YouTube, it came out really good.

Thanks.
                      That one looked interesting, although I am unsure of the pickles.

The moment when his smoke alarm went off reminded me of the first time I tried cooking blackened fish

The seasoning package called for using a cast iron pan and it had to be smoking hot. .

Dropped in the fish and.......it was like an instant volcano! Clouds of black and grey smoke erupted off the pan.

We could not see or breathe. The smoke burned eyes and lungs with the peppers. I had to grab the pan and put it outside.

Then we put a 24 inch floor fan at the door and the vent above the stove was on high for several minutes before we could go back into the kitchen..

Lesson learned.....never do it again inside the kitchen....just go outside and use the BBQ
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Down on the coast in Westport, Ct., the only good Tuna to be had was from this Japanese Fresh Fish store. This guys Tuna was so fresh, I swear it was still moving. I used to get Tuna from him to eat raw when I made Sushi. I used to buy Tuna Steaks from him to make Blackened Chicken. I had the same experience. I have a cast iron plate, that has years of cooking into it. That plate inside the barbecue is great for Blacked Tuna, or Blackened Chicken. You get the searing temperature but no burns from any flame. Great stuff, the Blackened Tuna and Blackened Chicken. He's long gone now, there isn't any store that I would trust enough to eat the fish raw anymore, at least, for me to make. There are a few SUshi places around here that are really good, and are priced decently.

Comment

This article, from INSIDER, seems to support your concerns about raw seafood

The St. Louis County Department of Public Health warned residents about eating raw oysters after a man died from the bacteria Vibrio vulnificus.
                          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                          X