Canadian BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    Many a fine brave person is risking their life and health on front lines fighting this.
    This right here...
    We may have a dangerous smoke issue down here, but our friends up north are dealing with far worse.
    And not just the good folks fighting this thing, but all the folks who have might lose their home, or business, or possibly their life.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It was downright eerie here yesterday. I was working across the river from NYC. I could barely see the city.
      There was an overly dramatic TV news guy doing a report and interviewing the few people nearby. I made sure to move away.....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dorkburger; 06-08-2023, 12:24 PM.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Saw a news report that was comparing NYC with the most air polluted cities in the world . NYC was tied with Delhi as worst. I've been in Delhi on numerous occasions and the first few days are always acclimatizing to the bad air ..... Mind you we've had that same tie score a few times ourselves here in Vancouver but so far this year the wind has been in our favour .......​
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          It was downright eerie here yesterday. I was working across the river from NYC. I could barely see the city.
          There was an overly dramatic TV news guy doing a report and interviewing the few people nearby. I made sure to move away.....
          That reminds me of the worst pics of Beijing, but still got a way to go to rival infamous pea-soupers of Old Lunnon Tahn.
          Oddly, until this thread appeared yesterday I was ignorant of the current crop of wild fires in Canada, as I missed most news bulletins over the past few days.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Just leaving work and can see some patches of blue sky for the first time in days.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Weather is playing a very large role in how the smoke moves about, sometimes actually bypassing parts of Canada and heading across the Border.

Do you have Green Cards waiting, or are you just blowing smoke?

Meanwhile social media posters in US of A seem to think Canadians are responsible for the smoke.

Americans in eastern cities like New York City, Washington D.C. and Baltimore are taking to social media to vent about poor air quality, as a result of wildfires burning in Canada -- but it's not our fault.

"If you are going through hell.......keep going."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

Meanwhile social media posters in US of A seem to think Canadians are responsible for the smoke.

Americans in eastern cities like New York City, Washington D.C. and Baltimore are taking to social media to vent about poor air quality, as a result of wildfires burning in Canada -- but it's not our fault.
                There's no accounting for stupidity.
                Problem with soc med is that every bum with an opinion has a vehicle available and that just encourages other opinionated bums to chime in.
                In Ireland, we call them gobshytes.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

There's no accounting for stupidity.
                  Problem with soc med is that every bum with an opinion has a vehicle available and that just encourages other opinionated bums to chime in.
                  In Ireland, we call them gobshytes.
                  Trudeau light said the fires were all the result of global warming. SImply opportunistic and shameless.
                  When I was a boy folkks would start fires on purpose to earn money fighting them and still do. Lightning is a thing this idiot has never heard of. A fire out east was started by an ATV fire.
                  Just shameless the guys so full of himself that he does not realize or care that swing voters are thinkers not blind fringe loyalists.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

"In coming years we will have to reflect seriously on how we can equip ourselves to deal with this new reality. We will be facing more and more extreme weather events that will cost us a lot more," Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told the briefing
                    Screenshot_20230608_100026_YouTube.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

I read a couple smartarse comments talking trash on canadians over fires.

Don't think and didn't take it as they were being serious. Just giving Canadians some chit.

But I did get the feeling that some media outlets were promoting the idea that people in U.S are seriously blaming and bashing Canada over this.

One thing about it the smoke and fires from these areas won't happen again for a while

Comment

Trudeau isn't wrong at the root. Those forests are dry due to heat and drought, both of which are results of climate change. The catalysts may be lightning, morons out camping, or vehicles, but these fires are growing both more frequent and far worse for the very reason of global warming:

At the moment, wildfires are burning across six provinces and one territory in Canada — and they’re still spreading in what’s being called an unprecedented fire season. While firefighters work tirelessly to battle the merciless flames and prevent further destruction, scientists say the wildfires are linked to climate change and that this will be the new normal.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Trudeau isn't wrong at the root. Those forests are dry due to heat and drought, both of which are results of climate change. The catalysts may be lightning, morons out camping, or vehicles, but these fires are growing both more frequent and far worse for the very reason of global warming:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...ists-1.6425110
                          No he isn't wrong but he doesn't have a terrific record on climate change . He'll still get my vote because the alternative is even worse but he does go down the middle on the issue more than I care for ..... Advocating carbon taxes { which is a good thing } while simultaneously building Alberta a new pipeline for example ......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

My neighbor planting two trees last year that died, planted two this year and they're not looking two good, he's told me a few days ago while he was watering his garden he's gonna plant some kind of maple trees next time because he'd been informed they'll hold up better to climate changing?

The two oak trees he planted in his front yard three years ago are doing fine.

Screenshot_20230608_174238_Chrome.jpg

Comment

I can't remember last time I was around a decent downpour.
                              Governor of missouri, just declared drought.

What i miss about the quality of east central Illinois dirt. When they had a drought you couldn't tell it by looking at the crops. That ground held moisture or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

No he isn't wrong but he doesn't have a terrific record on climate change . He'll still get my vote because the alternative is even worse but he does go down the middle on the issue more than I care for ..... Advocating carbon taxes { which is a good thing } while simultaneously building Alberta a new pipeline for example ......
                                Hes sensationalizing to further all of his agendas. Did no one watch yellowstone is burning? The Gist of that docu is that over management of forest and an absolute to stop all instances leads to a mass of highly combustible fuel that ends up in a massive holocaust.

Fire is a naturally occuring part of the life cycle of forests.
                                1983 GS 550 LD
                                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                                X