No announcement yet.

Canadian BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't a former POTUS suggest folks get in there (California) with brooms?

That's some heavy duty sweeping!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post

What do you guys use for Barbecue Sauce up there, eh?
      imagine dat!!!LOL
      Screenshot_20230610_221514_Google.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post

I grew up in a logging camp, My grandfather ran a 250 man camp. I worked as a cutter and truck and equipment operator so you are wrong.
        i've seen two cutters die. One from a saw cut the other from the fell of a tree. Ive seen and been in fires.

Barger Garth clings to logical fallacy as much as you do.
        So you are supporting the contention that helicopters are an efficient method of removing logs en masse? I'd say you enjoy some fallacious logic, if so.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Did you se the video of all the South African Fire Fighters arriving to the help. Very inspiring.

Comment

Trees are cut according to the Helicopters lifting capacity. Also, many tree are cut to over all size needed in the field. This saves time, while waiting for the helicopter to return. I worked for Sikorsky Aircraft for 10 years. I know a lot about helicopters. I've even had a few lessons in small ones. I am not being dogmatic, I just state if it wasn't profitable, it would not be done. Let's keep this in the reality realm.

I have only rarely used commercial BBQ sauces on their own, but do use some as a base/filler and build my own from there.
            Never use a recipe, just taste.

My wife gets annoyed sometimes as there are so many combinations made over time and without an actual recipe I have to try remembering which one she liked a year later......

"If you are going through hell.......keep going."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

I have only rarely used commercial BBQ sauces on their own, but do use some as a base/filler and build my own from there.
              Never use a recipe, just taste.

My wife gets annoyed sometimes as there are so many combinations made over time and without an actual recipe I have to try remembering which one she liked a year later......
              Lately, I've been using no sause.

Have it available, but for some reason Lately I haven't been using any.

It's been two years since I've done any bbq at home to speak of.

Friend of mine is really into it, he probably has five or six different grills, smokers and who knows what else.
              he makes his own sause as well, he told me he saved two different recipes he came up with, that his family liked, but he said his taste buds are always wanting something different from time to time so he making sauses...he just plays it by beer..lol

But found a new bbq place ,well its probably eight months old now....just east of K.C.

they are the best, bad thing is it's getting hard to catch them with product.

I call them and order ahead of time just to be sure , the stuff is so good .
              I get their sause but don't use it.

Comment

This is so off topic ...
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

This is so off topic ...
                  Is it...LOL
                  CANADIAN BBQ?..name of thread..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

CANADIAN BBQ?..name of thread..LOL
                    I wouldn't know Canadian BBQ if I saw it. But I'm suspicious. How can you trust meat from a place that doesn't even know what bacon is supposed to look like?

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I see the trentbot still has no ability to read for meaning. Wonder whether he has been volunteering at the GOP headquarters somewhere he's never been.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I have to admit, I love American style Bacon,but Canadian style Bacon is delicious.

No comments on the "Help" from South Africa on the fire fighting help? I'm shocked. People risking their lives, and more arguments about helicopter loads tthan these guys coming from halfway around the world to help you. You (Canadians) should be ashamed.
                        Last edited by Suzukian; 06-11-2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I have to admit, I love American style Bacon,but Canadian style Bacon is delicious.

No comments on the "Help" from South Africa on the fire fighting help? I'm shocked. People risking their lives, and more arguments about helicopter loads tthan these guys coming from halfway around the world to help you. You (Canadians) should be ashamed.
                          Why should we be ashamed ? When California catches fire we're down there. When Australia caught fire we were there. This is a normal procedure in forest fires. The world kicks in to help out the affected ..... Nova Scotia just put on a lobster feast for Yank fire fighters .....
                          Community members in Shelburne County took hospitality to the next level earlier this week, when they quickly arranged a 60th birthday dinner for an American firefighter who has been battling a massive wildfire in the area.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

I was referring to the comments. You just proved you take life for granted with your comment. You should be ashamed, let me be clear on that "YOU" should be ashamed.

Comment

No, he shouldn't. What part of the common human decency he pointed out are you missing?

The comments should never have been about barbecue sauce, however, but then, you knew that.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

From the beginning of this thread people have been throwing in a little food/ meat/ bbq humor into this situation.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

There are some arguments about one thing or another along the way.

And after all ,to an extent, the thread has keep everything, opinions and news up to date.

So a little food humor around the campfire ain't all that bad, matter of fact I think it is a positive thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X